PlugShare now available on the Web!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafFanatic

Hi all,

I'm excited to let everyone know that PlugShare is now available on the Web in addition to our existing iPhone and Android apps! You can use the web app here: http://www.plugshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to all of those on the forum who helped with beta testing. We have worked really hard on the web app and added lots of cool features like real-time charger availability and street-level views. There are now over 4,500 charging locations listed in the PlugShare network -- awesome!

-Armen

I really love PlugShares mobile app, its very slick, smooth and easy to use.

The web version looks to be just as smooth and well-done, and I love the added/fixed features in the location profiles.

Please keep up the good work.

- Stefan in Montreal

Don't download the latest Plugshare app update yet from the Apps Store, especially if you still have OS4 on your iPhone. It doesn't work and now mine is irrevocable broken! :cry:

Update: It's something to do with loading the stations into the map. If I put my phone in Airplane mode, the app stays up until I turn Airplane mode off and once again try to get the stations to load into the map.

mwalsh said:
Don't download the latest Plugshare app update yet from the Apps Store, especially if you still have OS4 on your iPhone. It doesn't work and now mine is irrevocable broken! :cry:
Then upgrade to OS5 Michael! :D

You won't regret it...unless you brick your phone. ;)

Electric4Me said:
You won't regret it...unless you brick your phone. ;)

I've got an untethered jailbreak. OS5 can only be jailbroken in tethered form right now. But when the time is right, I will. So no problems with today's update it on OS5 then?

To Plugshare's credit, they already asked me for a crash report. Stay tuned!

I just want to give Lucas at PlugShare a shout-out - he's really helped a lot in trying to get my problem with the latest update sorted (which is good, because I count on PlugShare quite a bit). We're not there yet, and are going to wait now until the next update is pushed, to see if that solves the problem. But he went out of his way to provide me a customized solution for my own phone, in case it doesn't!

I jailbroke and unlocked a friend's iPhone 3GS on iOS5.0 last night. And of course I couldn't resist the temptation of downloading PlugShare and installing it. Glad to say that it works just fine on his phone, so my issue is almost certainly to do with the older iOS on mine.

However, I can't consider upgrading to 5.0 just yet myself - I need to figure out how to retain my current modem base band, which would mean a custom IPSW, omitting the base band that ships with 5.0, and that's not supported under the Windows version of redsn0w just yet. Though I suppose I could use a Mac at work and Pwnagetool.

OK stupid question. Is there a basic search function on the Plug Share Web site.

I would just like a quick list of sites with in X number of miles of my zip code.

Thanks,
KJD

KJD said:
Is there a basic search function on the Plug Share Web site. I would just like a quick list of sites with in X number of miles of my zip code.
There's a search box in the upper right corner of the webpage. Just type your zip code, and it will zoom to your area. I don't know about displaying a list, though.

Just checked this site out. Seems pretty neat. Some observations;

-It would be great if the reviews had posting dates, so we can see when comments were made
-It seems that some private Coulomb chargers are listed. When viewing on Coulomb's site these are showed as "Private" so they aren't available for use.

But I think it is cleaner and may be a solid competitor to EV Charger Finder

mwalsh said:
PlugShare for iPhone has disappeared completely from the Apps Store. Web based version won't let you use Safari on an iPhone to access the site. Sigh. :cry:
I just got an update for it. Maybe it was unavailable while the upgrade was approved. I see it now in the app store. I do not know why the developer(s) would add code to prevent access from mobile safari. Did you try changing your user agent?

shay said:
mwalsh said:
PlugShare for iPhone has disappeared completely from the Apps Store. Web based version won't let you use Safari on an iPhone to access the site. Sigh. :cry:
I just got an update for it. Maybe it was unavailable while the upgrade was approved. I see it now in the app store. I do not know why the developer(s) would add code to prevent access from mobile safari. Did you try changing your user agent?

It's all good now. I got the 4.1.1 update yesterday or Sunday (I forget which). And it now works on my 4.0 3GS.

I have PlugShare v2.5 (updated Sep 29, 2012) on my iPhone 3GS running iOS4, and I recently discovered -- when trying to show a curious on-looker when I was plugging into a charge station at a Walgreen's -- that the app immediately crashes when I try to start it.

Anyone else having issues with this configuration?

yeswaydude said:
I have PlugShare v2.5 (updated Sep 29, 2012) on my iPhone 3GS running iOS4, and I recently discovered -- when trying to show a curious on-looker when I was plugging into a charge station at a Walgreen's -- that the app immediately crashes when I try to start it.

Anyone else having issues with this configuration?

It sounds like the same incompatibility I was seeing last November. But I'm no longer on iOS4 with that phone - I upgraded to iOS5 when they updated Redsn0w so it could create a custom ISPW that preserved my existing modem baseband - so I can't help verify that for you, I'm afraid. However, the developer is pretty good about getting back to you if you send him an email, and might be able to offer some words of wisdom.

Back