PlugShare now available on the Web!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plugshare app is messed up again on iPad - crashes out when trying to see location details. This is version 3.2 on IOS 5.1. Seems to work OK on iPhone running IOS 5.0, so I don't know what's up with that. Updating the iPad OS probably isn't going to solve the problem this time.

Confirmed as bad by downloading it to DW's iPad, which is a basic load of IOS 5.1 with very few apps installed. It crashes on that too, so I don't think we can blame a conflict with another app.

Uploading pics from the Gallery crashes the App on Android for me (Galaxy S3). Also, pushing the "location" icon doesn't center the map on your current location.

Works fine on the ipad v2.0 I'm typing from right now. Actually, thanks for the reminder...need to add a new L2 charger station near Long Beach airport, in the business park that used to be Bldg 12 at Douglas.

mwalsh said:
Don't update Plugshare today. They've stuffed the new version (3.6.2) again.

Care to give more details? I'm assuming you're talking about the iOS app, even though isn't really anything to indicate that other than the version match up, but who knows it they use the same version numbers on Android. There is a note on the iTunes App Store saying, "iOS 6 support is currently broken in this version. We've submitted a fix and it should be out shortly." Is this the issue you encountered?

swaltner said:
mwalsh said:
Don't update Plugshare today. They've stuffed the new version (3.6.2) again.

Care to give more details? I'm assuming you're talking about the iOS app, even though isn't really anything to indicate that other than the version match up, but who knows it they use the same version numbers on Android. There is a note on the iTunes App Store saying, "iOS 6 support is currently broken in this version. We've submitted a fix and it should be out shortly." Is this the issue you encountered?

Must be. It crashes on opening for me. I'm on an iPad 2 with iOS 6.1.3.

i had an unfulfilling plugshare experience last week.
someone called and asked if he could plug in his car while visiting a local tourist attraction from 10-12 miles away.
wife agreed and sent me the number for follow up, if i wanted.

I was curious about it
i spoke with the fellow who admitted he was plugging in a Volt and could easily make it home, but still wanted to charge.
I figured: go ahead, save the pollution.
he plugged in for three hours, peak time, daytime during weekday. never left a note or even a bottle of pop to say thanks.
sad times.

no more volt plug ins for my blink.

thankyouOB said:
...Volt ...
he plugged in for three hours, peak time, daytime during weekday. never left a note or even a bottle of pop to say thanks.
sad times.

Fits the stereotype quite well.

thankyouOB said:
... I figured: go ahead, save the pollution.
sad times.

no more volt plug ins for my blink.
Why? You offered a free charge. Now you're mad that he accepted your offer? Did you tell him you wanted a note and bottle of pop in exchange for charging, or that he was only supposed to come and charge during off-peak hours?

Back