Ram Air

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kovalb

The LEAF has a ram air mode, but it is not necessarily easy to discover. Ram air is where the fan is off but air is forced through the vents by the pressure differential between the intake, at the base of the windshield, and the cabin. When the system is OFF just press the mode button. A single press wakes the system up and activates the face vents in ram air mode. Otherwise I believe the system directs air to the feet when it is simply turned OFF - which can result in cold feet.

I find this feature useful when driving on a slightly cool day on the highway and I just want gentle air flow through the cabin to keep it from getting stuffy. A bonus is that no power is being consumed. The morning weather in Phoenix is nice enough now for me to be using ram air often.

check this thread out:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6987&hilit=foot+defog

you can use the mode button independent of the climate control, allowing outside air to stream in but I always hit the on off button after I set the mode to assure the climate control is off. I stick with foot defog because otherwise the windshield gets foggy... but I don't like the cool feet, have even blocked the vent. As far as I know, there is no "ram air mode" that will keep the windshield clear other than foot/defog.

Back