Rear-ended... need help!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeswaydude said:
The State Farm insurance estimator just handed me the numbers:

$70 new front door decal
$184 new rear door skin
$630 new rear quarter panel
$432 paint supplies
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
$1,386 total parts
$2,218 total labor
$216 tax @ 6%
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
$3,820 total

He highlighted and put big stars around the section saying that the oven can't go over 140 degrees, so he didn't quote a price for R&I of the battery pack, etc. I forgot to ask him about the heat from the welding of the rear quarter panel.

Now I need to decide whether to take it to the dealer or to a State Farm approved repair shop.

What does everyone here think?

And, should I demand that they drop the battery pack?

do it and have them remove pack. realistically its probably ok. will only be in oven 3-4 hours. should be ok. but why take chance? then again, having somebody not trained to do it might be bigger chance.

as far as cost? you will save that in fuel over a conventional car in 1-3 years (it will take 3 years if you are replacing a Prius...)

ztanos said:
Unless the deer had a tick on it and he was driving with his window open.

Yes, it was a beautiful day and, to me, 4-55 A/C seems better on the guess-o-meter than the LEAF-generated kind, so all of the windows were down.

Given what appear to be hoof marks on the upper part of the door, I think the deer tried to leap through the back window and missed! I'm glad it came up short!

Believe it or not… yesterday our “LEAF NOW” got rear-ended again… This time I was driving it coming home from work.. same street as first time, just few blocks apart… This is just frustrating… Fortunately was a light hit and there seems to be just minor damage to the bumper… :( :( What is going on ???

Back