Report about your may 1st reservation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real news will be the RAQ info ... Though at this point I don't think there will be any changes to options, colors, or pricing.

That won't happen til the 2012's are ordered.

I think the conversion from reserv to order should be quick

I got a 'time to order' email - received May 3rd 12:10PM CDT.

I didn't take them up on the offer this time around... ;)

I have three accounts.
Got the email to let me make a Reservation, but ... for which account?

One was pre-April 2010, but that account did not work to reserve on April 20th, so I had to create a second account on April 20th to order. Then, in May, for the "public" Reservations, I created another account so that I could see how these later Reservations were treated.

Is this round letting those who already ordered actually Reserve (and eventually buy) a second LEAF?

garygid said:
I have three accounts.
Got the email to let me make a Reservation, but ... for which account?

One was pre-April 2010, but that account did not work to reserve on April 20th, so I had to create a second account on April 20th to order. Then, in May, for the "public" Reservations, I created another account so that I could see how these later Reservations were treated.

Is this round letting those who already ordered actually Reserve (and eventually buy) a second LEAF?

I also have two leafs accounts both setup before apr 20th 2010. I have already ordered Sep 1st and received my Leaf in Jan. But I just reserved another on the 3rd and got a RAQ today. I looked at the RAQ and it says 3-4 months. Not sure if I will keep it, I really want a 2012 model.

So let me get this straight: people who have ALREADY received a car are getting ANOTHER chance to order because (apparently) the "computer" that is generating emails only looks at account creation dates and states? Has anyone that registered in 2011 (in one of the chosen states) received a reservation email? Now I'm beginning to believe everyone about how screwed up Nissan's process is.

He said he has 2 accounts and got a reservation and a RAQ on the second account

Nissan has no idea he already has a leaf from the first reservation and doesnt care

they just know its a reservation in tier 1 and it qualifies for a new order

The good news from this post is: 1 new resvervation, and 2 he already got a RAQ email that means things are moving at least.

3-4 months from RAQ to delivery is great

come on tier 2 orders and 2012's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in California and registered in October 2010. Three or four days into this new round of reservations, Nissan hasn't yet gotten to my registration date. One piece of guesswork that I haven't seen in the raft of speculation is how many new registrations will be taken during this round. Is there any information or informed speculation on this question?

derekjsmith said:
I also have two leafs accounts both setup before apr 20th 2010. I have already ordered Sep 1st and received my Leaf in Jan. But I just reserved another on the 3rd and got a RAQ today. I looked at the RAQ and it says 3-4 months. Not sure if I will keep it, I really want a 2012 model.
The 3rd of which month? May 3, 2011? 3 months from now is Aug. With a April 21, 2010 reservation and Nov 24, 2010 order, I am now looking at a July 2011 delivery. If you get a second Leaf before I get my only one, I am going to be just a little more upset.

I would bet someone who does a RAQ today might get a car produced in july or august and take delivery in september, october, or november

you will get yours sooner than that,,,,, IMO

OK, 5/5/2011
Email received, Deposit Paid..

FYI we registered on the LEAF site right at the start last year. We did not push the button last time to reserve.. So just to be clear we have been registered since day one.. And just today received the May 1st invite to put down the deposit.. So the system is working.. I guess..

Email sent from Nissan at 10:37 AM
Deposit Confirmed by 10:41 AM

badamsfx said:
oakwcj said:
When did you register?

Crud, I'm not sure. Late last year I think. I dug through my Leaf profile but I couldn't find a date listed anywhere.

Congratulations. "Late last year" is hopeful to me, since I registered in October. I assume with some trepidation that you registered earlier than I did.

I haven't received the latest registration email, and I was signed up before the first go-around of reservations were made last year. Hopefully soon...

I too just received the email and put in my reservation right away. I had registered last year and at that time built a car but stopped short of reserving a spot. When I logged on to pay the reservation fee today, I couldn't figure out how to check my options. I am hoping I will be given a chance to review them at some point.

phxsmiley said:
I haven't received the latest registration email, and I was signed up before the first go-around of reservations were made last year. Hopefully soon...

That seems to blow the theory that the reservation emails are being sent out by registration date.

Ok so now we have several reservations and one RAQ

Everyone please report your RAQ's when you get em!!!

Can't wait to see what kind of pricing deals you get from the dealers!

kmp647 said:
Ok so now we have several reservations and one RAQ

Everyone please report your RAQ's when you get em!!!

Can't wait to see what kind of pricing deals you get from the dealers!

I was told to expect it with in 48 hours.. and if you listed your local dealer then the Dealer will know your RAQ 6 hours before.. So I expect to get a Phone call from Santa Barbara Nissan before the Email!! Ill let you know if so....

Back