Report about your may 1st reservation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kmp647 said:
People this is Nissans way of clearing the remaining 2011 production

If this is correct reserve and then within 48 hours RAQ , then that's kinda like forcing people to make a quick decision , good move on Nissans part

These new reservations will become orders for 2011's

Then in the fall tier 2 will get first crack at the early 2012's

Tier 2 states will get to buy the cars coming out of Tennessee as the nice but completely inexperienced people there try to learn how to build cars. These will be the cars with multiple defects at every level. Really, Nissan seems so dense I'm not at all sure they realize how discouraged many of us have become.

Here's the quote I just got from North Bay Nissan:

Hi Joel, here is your breakdown. MSRP...33,720 + 850 destination & handling + 700 quick charge port + 170 floor and cargo mats = 35,440 - 5% 1,772 = 33,668. Regards, Ron Coury

$33,668 transaction price
this price includes:

Nissan LEAF ™ SL trim
cayenne red
option added:
quick charge port
accessory added:
floor and cargo mats

I spoke to Ron about the one-payment lease that someone had negotiated. He said that it caused too much work and they would not do it again. He also said that it was his understanding that Nissan and Ford had found an alternate supplier for red and blue paint, but that he couldn't confirm the accuracy of this information.

All these cars are 2011 models no cold package.

That won't be til 2012

And tier 2 will get cars from japan not Smyrna

At least initially

Tier 2 should get their first deliveries around spring 2012 at latest

As a tier 1 recipient of our Ocean Blue LEAF on March 8, 2011, I want to let you all know after reading every post on this subject that I am very excited with the enthusiasm that is demonstrated here. As an early adopter, one doesn't know when the early adopter enthusiasm runs out, but I see it is still strong in the tier 2 deliveries. All of you hang in there for the car is definitely worth the wait. My wife and I are so enthusiastic about this car we are showing it on Memorial weekend with a lot of EV information in general at a local car show. Later in June we are showing it again at our town's local "Show Low Days" event. There are so many reasons to embrace this new technology that is at last affordable to the average person, that I encourage all of you when you receive your LEAF to help explain the advantages of this technology to all in your immediate area.

oakwcj said:
After I completed the reservation, and was returned to the dashboard, the option showed up under "home assessment." There was also a link in the reservation confirmation email I received. I assume it involved being in the right location, choosing an SL, etc. I am supposed to told whether I qualify within the next few weeks.

If you get your 'qualification notice' within two weeks, it will be a record. :lol: Also, maybe people don't know that the EV Project's installations end Sept. 30, 2011 and the warranty on them ends Dec. 31, 2012.

LEAFfan said:
oakwcj said:
After I completed the reservation, and was returned to the dashboard, the option showed up under "home assessment." There was also a link in the reservation confirmation email I received. I assume it involved being in the right location, choosing an SL, etc. I am supposed to told whether I qualify within the next few weeks.

If you get your 'qualification notice' within two weeks, it will be a record. :lol: Also, maybe people don't know that the EV Project's installations end Sept. 30, 2011 and the warranty on them ends Dec. 31, 2012.

I am taking the "few" weeks timeframe with a large dose of salt, but I have no doubt that the September 30 deadline will, like all the other deadlines that have slipped, be extended. The EV Project website says: "The Project was officially launched on October 1, 2009 and will continue approximately 36 months." That 36 month period has already ended. They've received funding for 8,300 residential EVSE installations. Until they've reached that number, I assume they will continue installing them.

ERG4ALL said:
As a tier 1 recipient of our Ocean Blue LEAF on March 8, 2011, I want to let you all know after reading every post on this subject that I am very excited with the enthusiasm that is demonstrated here. As an early adopter, one doesn't know when the early adopter enthusiasm runs out, but I see it is still strong in the tier 2 deliveries. All of you hang in there for the car is definitely worth the wait. My wife and I are so enthusiastic about this car we are showing it on Memorial weekend with a lot of EV information in general at a local car show. Later in June we are showing it again at our town's local "Show Low Days" event. There are so many reasons to embrace this new technology that is at last affordable to the average person, that I encourage all of you when you receive your LEAF to help explain the advantages of this technology to all in your immediate area.

Hi ERG4ALL, great to hear that you're very happy with your early adopter experience, and that you're spreading the good word! I'm talking up EVs too, even though I am still waiting to even get to pay the reservation fee for a Leaf. At this rate, looks like I may be getting a 2012. With all the sunshine you get, are you charging your shiny new Leaf with solar power? That combo is going to be my ultimate driving nirvana! :mrgreen:

I'm in TX and received our email on May 5 (registered late last year). Seems like quite a few people must have gotten the email then. My wife and I have been waiting for this since we barely missed the cutoff last year!

Now I just have to figure our what to do about the dock. I know this probably belongs in a different thread but I'll ask here too -- does anyone have more details on the EVGO $89 plan that includes your home charging, dock installation, and access to the network? I did the math and if... IF you get the keep the dock at the end of 3 years and you need close to a full recharge every day (figuring $1.50-$2.50 a charge) then the price is a good deal. Or did I miss something?

$2 * 20 days * 12 months * 3 years = $1440
cost of dock via aerovironment = $2000 (possible $1000 tax credit here)
Your 3 year costs = $3440
$89 * 12 months * 3 years = $3204
EVGO costs = $3204 - $3440 + 1000 tax credit (lost) = $764 ($21/mo for EVGO station usage)

If you don't get the keep the dock and decide to drop the plan after 3 years then it is not so nice. If for some reason you cannot get the $1000 tax credit the deal is much better. I need to do some more research ;)

SierraQ said:
I'm in TX and received our email on May 5 (registered late last year). Seems like quite a few people must have gotten the email then. My wife and I have been waiting for this since we barely missed the cutoff last year!

Now I just have to figure our what to do about the dock. I know this probably belongs in a different thread but I'll ask here too -- does anyone have more details on the EVGO $89 plan that includes your home charging, dock installation, and access to the network? I did the math and if... IF you get the keep the dock at the end of 3 years and you need close to a full recharge every day (figuring $1.50-$2.50 a charge) then the price is a good deal. Or did I miss something?

$2 * 20 days * 12 months * 3 years = $1440
cost of dock via aerovironment = $2000 (possible $1000 tax credit here)
Your 3 year costs = $3440
$89 * 12 months * 3 years = $3204
EVGO costs = $3204 - $3440 + 1000 tax credit (lost) = $764 ($21/mo for EVGO station usage)

If you don't get the keep the dock and decide to drop the plan after 3 years then it is not so nice. If for some reason you cannot get the $1000 tax credit the deal is much better. I need to do some more research ;)

I read somewhere else on here you do not get to keep the dock. I'm also in TX, Austin. I registered early this year and still no email from Nissan to reserve :(

Wow, Now I have my Charging DOCK. UPS delivered it today. I ordered it via the dash board on May 5th , in my hands and ready to install on the 9th. That is awesome Nissan.

kmp647 said:
stuck in tier 2 Northern Virginia
"Late Fall 2011"

Count yourself lucky. I have a friend that's interested in Ohio (Tier 3) and they won't be able to reserve until sometime (prob. spring) in 2012.

LEAFfan said:
kmp647 said:
stuck in tier 2 Northern Virginia
"Late Fall 2011"

Count yourself lucky. I have a friend that's interested in Ohio (Tier 3) and they won't be able to reserve until sometime (prob. spring) in 2012.
I think late fall may actually turn out to be winter or December 31st or spring 2012 or something

kmp647 said:
I think late fall may actually turn out to be winter or December 31st or spring 2012 or something

I think it will be sometime in Dec., 2011 (any date in Dec. before Dec. 22 would be late fall), according to the schedule.

Technically the last email from Nissan to tier 2 said "late summer 2011"

But post earthquake I am guessing winter 2011 for the first tier 2 orders

I didn't get an email but I did as a couple others this morning and logged into the Nissan LEAF site. The reserve button was glowing at me and said reserve yours!! yeah! Put my reservation in today.. I have been anxiously waiting for this all year once I saw that TX would be in the next tier!

Happen to login to my account roughly at 8:30 this morning, and was able to order! Yipee! eTec application pending. Received the email from Nissan about 45 minues later letting me know I could order. I originally registered sometime last year, did the drive event in October, and then completed the on-line profile first half of April 2011.

Pricing:
SL $33,720
Quick Charge 700*
Mats 170
Organization pkg 225
Splash guards 140
Protection package 225
Destination charge 850
Gross total $36,030
Discount 1,000**
Net total $35,030

* Will be credited if eTec application is approved.
** General Manager Leon Kamins at Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa gave me $1,000 off the MSRP. Thanks Leon! I truly appreciate the very reasonable pricing for such a great EV with so much demand! I thought I might have to pay full MSRP for the first time in my life, but you saved me!

I hope everyone who hasn't had a chance to order yet gets to soon!

Back