Sacramento Area Leafs Meeting [Thread Retired]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyW

I'm curious to see if any Sac owners would like to do a meetup. Who's with me? :mrgreen:

Sadly, I have moved out of the area. I plan to return, as I'm going to my companies satellite office, but it may be a few years.

Previous Meetings:
March 2nd The California Automobile Museum
February 16th The Happy Garden
Jan 19th Pyramid Alehouse in downtown Sac
Jan 9th Sac EV meeting at SMUD HQ
Dec 1st CA Fuel Cell Partnership, West Sac
Nov 17th Casa Ramos, Folsom
Oct 10th Casa Ramos, Folsom

Also, for Sac folks, don't forget:
LEAFer said:
You can apply for a FREE RFID parking pass for Sacramento City Garages. NOW would be a good time to apply ... you might get it in time for our next meetup :p The RFID pass works in a number of locations, but not every garage downtown ... it must be City owned and not limited to Gov't workers or County owned. Still I have found it useful in the past several years.
Here: http://www.cityofsacramento.org/transportation/parking/offstreetother.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(The Avcons they show are now J-1772.)

JeremyW said:
I'm curious to see if any Sac owners would like to do a meetup. Preferably one of the upcoming weekends, except the last weekend in October. I think an informal breakfast meeting would be fun. Who's with me? :mrgreen:

Halloween party and we dress up our cars...I'll be Casper the friendly Leaf.

It would be fun to get the group together again. I don't believe we have had a meeting since November when we met at the Fuel Cell Partnership to talk about ChaDeMo.

Cool! Anyone free the 6th, 13th, or this weekend?

If you're driving around the Folsom area, check out the Tesla supercharger at the outlets! :eek:

JeremyW said:
Cool! Anyone free the 6th, 13th, or this weekend?

If you're driving around the Folsom area, check out the Tesla supercharger at the outlets! :eek:
Whoa, there's a Tesla supercharger at the outlets!?
Is it a permanent install, demo unit,...?

Sure, count me in too. While we haven't had "LEAF" meetup in a while, there have been many GSEAA meetings and events...

JeremyW said:
How does the 6th work for everyone? Once we get a date then we can pick location (with charging).

I can't make the 6th.

I'm heading to Emeryville for a presentation by Oliver Kuttner on the Edison2 Very Light Car (Xprize winner)

Saturday 10/6 from 11 to 1. Fantasy Junction
1145 Park Ave
(between Emery St & San Pablo Ave)
Emeryville, CA 94608
(510) 653-7555
http://www.fantasyjunction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Almost any other day would work. Only one charge station across the street at Wallgreens, but for a great breakfast, I would nominate Tower Cafe on Broadway. It is centrally located for the group. Lodi can even make the trip without charging...I did it from Stockton several times.

The 6th is ok. Other Saturdays also ok.

But I would suggest a location with MANY more stations; it simply depends on how many of us need to charge to get back home. There are several good locations in downtown Sacramento. For example: 10th & I (two entries: http://www.recargo.com/sites/3149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.recargo.com/sites/1098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) = Free to charge, except that it costs to park. Then there's http://www.recargo.com/sites/1099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with free parking and free charging on weekends.

From those locations ... short walk to WHERE ? ( I am not familiar with many eateries/good mtg placed downtown. )

I'm not aware of any good places near there, but there are some choices. The other option is to meet at a location with charge stations and then carpool to the eatery like we did on the very first meeting. Like you said, it all depends on how many are planning to come and how many require power to get home.

palmermd said:
I'm not aware of any good places near there, but there are some choices. The other option is to meet at a location with charge stations and then carpool to the eatery like we did on the very first meeting. Like you said, it all depends on how many are planning to come and how many require power to get home.
Ha ! I had forgotten about the "shuttle" method. A Nissan Dealer then would be a great place, maybe even the one at Folsom Outlet Mall, but that's a bit far from Lodi. But per google maps, an attempt to cover Roseville to Lodi puts the Elk Grove Dealer closest to mid-point. If we want to cover Grass Valley (don't remember who attended from there), downtown is better, but Folsom Premium Outlets would work.

LEAFer said:
Just saw that Oct 13 is "Cool Davis" event ... not sure how that impacts us ...

Hmm.
The festival will feature all the core elements that have made the festival so successful in the last two years: music, theater, kids’ activities, plug-in electric vehicles, bike safety, fun exhibits with lots of practical solutions on how to reduce your greenhouse gas emissions.

Seems like a neat event, I'd be interested in going before or after. :) People at my work know I am just full of practical solutions to reducing GHG emissions but more importantly saving money on electric and gas bills. Heck I even rent out a kill-a-watt meter to those in my department to look at consumption! If I hadn't sold my scanguage when I got my leaf I would be loaning that out too. I wonder what tips they have (besides what's obvious to us).

Anywhere is fine, as long as we can charge during the event. Folsom is not too far, it's only about 45-50 miles and if we could hit the Outlets' quick charge, that would be great. Jeremy, we were just in your neighborhood - the Whole Foods store @ Folsom Saturday morning. Wow, what a great store that is. With a evse out front!

We are cobbling together a plan to drive from Lodi to North Shore Tahoe. The jump from Colfax to Truckee is the obstacle. It's about 52 miles and just about every foot of it is uphill.

FlyingDollarGarage said:
Anywhere is fine, as long as we can charge during the event. Folsom is not too far, it's only about 45-50 miles and if we could hit the Outlets' quick charge, that would be great. Jeremy, we were just in your neighborhood - the Whole Foods store @ Folsom Saturday morning. Wow, what a great store that is. With a evse out front!

We are cobbling together a plan to drive from Lodi to North Shore Tahoe. The jump from Colfax to Truckee is the obstacle. It's about 52 miles and just about every foot of it is uphill.
On the former: there's no QC at the Folsom Premium Outlets (it's a Tesla-only SuperCharger), and the two ChargePoints cost $. On the plus side: there's a Nissan Dealer very close by that most likely will allow LEAFs to charge for free.

On the latter: :D Looking forward to a Report on your trip !

Back