San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just over 200' to where the meter, panel, and Grid Power Unit will be installed in the landscaping (close to the street), and then another run will come back across the parking lot about 75-80' to the south side of Don's market where the parking places are at...The overhead transformers by the street are closer, but don't provide the correct voltage for the DC FC, so that's why the run is to the back where the padmount transformer is located.

Ouch - so close to 300' of conduit needs to be buried. I can't imagine how much this is going to cost. Hopefully the infrastructure being laid down will allow easy expansion in the future without having to dig again. I can easily see a QC and a couple of L2 stations filling up on weekends.

TonyWilliams said:
The Proposed Blink DC charger for Santa Ysabel had some physical activity; a line painted from the transformer to the location of the charger.

0c0782bd.jpg

Can't wait to make a trip to Santa Ysabel and on up into the mountains!

drees said:
Ouch - so close to 300' of conduit needs to be buried. I can't imagine how much this is going to cost.

That's the message I have been trying to get out...The host is really coming through there for the EV community, and supporting the units there and the businesses seems like the least we can do to show our support back...And it will be fun to go up there...

Randy said:
That's the message I have been trying to get out...The host is really coming through there for the EV community, and supporting the units there and the businesses seems like the least we can do to show our support back...And it will be fun to go up there...
Is Don's Market footing the bill - or is it a group effort by multiple people there in Santa Ysabel? Would be interesting to get the full story behind it...

gbarry42 said:
We revisited the Encinitas Blinks today. A sign has been added with an AB475-style message, but no code citation. So, "advisory only", I presume. The Blink had its screen working, and a QR-code sticker was added that takes you to the Blink website, so you can activate your card.
Drove by this one today around 6:30pm to check it out. Completely ICEd. Didn't have time to document it.

It's been a week since the Blink units in La Mesa were installed. On monday they painted the green stall lines. All we're waiting for is SDG&E to install the meter and energize.

Here's how it looks today:
7647341108_87a8fdddf1_z.jpg

There is (well as of last night anyway) no meter or SDG&E hookup yet. Once that is done, these should be up and running. I will go by there tonight to see if anything has been done today.

Still no progress on the La Mesa Springs install.

The site is on Blink's Map, but surprisingly the Blink units don't work without electrons and is listed as "off Network."

It's been two weeks since the units went in, so either the installer couldn't pass city inspection (they could almost look out the window for that as city hall is a couple hundred feet from the site) or SDG&E may have run out of Smart Meters (if so I blame Randy, you should have ordered more ; ).

Randy said:
Walmart National City, 1200 Highland Ave, National City

I cruised down to Walmart in National City to see the latest Blink units. There are two units, an ADA unit and a regular unit, and they are in different rows. The non-ADA unit is at the west end of Row 3 in the parking lot. They just finished installing these units, so the signage is still to come. Because of that, the non-ADA unit was ICE'd...Shoot, I thought, a good time to whip out my bag of tricks with all the adapters and find a way to plug in...I used my J1772 extender adapter (from Modular EV Power) to convert the Blink J1772 to a NEMA 14-50 and then proceeded to use a twist-lock extension cord over to my upgraded cordset to plug in for awhile....Worked like a charm. The store manager came out while I was charging and said she was anxious to see someone use the charging station. So I explained all about the LEAF, not only to her, but to others that were curious. I guess the long extension cord got some attention....On to our next stops....

Walmart%20NCity%201.jpg

Hey, there are still no EV Only Parking signs yet. ICEd every time I go there so far. :? What's the plan?

It's been 3 1/2 weeks since they installed the four units at La Mesa Springs and still no meter or power. I've been waiting for this site since January...

I had an interesting/amusing discussion with a parking enforcement officer at SDSU regarding the EV parking there. She said the requirement is for an EV to be plugged in while parked there. I asked her if they have cited anyone parking in the EV spots. She said that a few times, ICE cars were cited for parking there. The funniest one was where a truck (ICE of course) was parked there and wrapped the J1772 plug from the Blink around the mirror! Apparently they thought they would fool the enforcement officers into thinking they were "plugged in"! We both laughed, wondering what kind of college student would think up such a ridiculous idea.

Bloomingdales North Parking Lot, Fashion Valley

Four new Blink Level 2 charging stations have been installed in the parking lot close to the north entrance of the Bloomingdales store in Fashion Valley. Signs are already up, and a shorter pedestal unit is in place for the ADA space (which is separate from the other 3 units). While the parking lot is usually crowded, customers were respecting the signs and no ICE'ing was taking place during our visit. Cords will reach a few different parking spaces if necessary. Installation had just been completed and the units are up and running...Convenient and close to 163 and Friars Road...

Bloom%201.jpg

Bloom%202.jpg

Bloom%203.jpg

La Mesa Springs Shopping Center, 7984 La Mesa Blvd

It's taken some time to get this installation completed, but it is now powered on and providing charging services...Four Blink units spread out in front of the Cleaners, with the appropriate signs, including a special never-seen-before ADA/EV sign (At least I've never seen one like this)...Special preparation went into the accessible parking space to level it out (3 trucks of asphalt and feathering techniques to the adjacent spaces)...This location features a separate electric service fed from the nearby transformer. Lots of businesses in the center that will be destinations for EV drivers. Come and check out the site....

LM%20Springs%201.jpg

LM%20Springs%203.jpg

LM%20Springs%202.jpg

Back