San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up that a new Blink DC charger (1st in So Cal?) looks to be coming very soon on the Blink Network in Downtown LA -- After a charge at the Mitsubishi Office in Cyprus, you should be able to make it to downtown LA for this charger then off to the valley or Pasadena area..

662 Mateo Street
Los Angeles, CA 90021

Another weekend, another update.... :)

From our previous conversation, I clarified that the units up at SKLS in Carlsbad will be split (1 unit public, 1 unit private workplace)......

This weekend, I visited Scripps Hospital in Encinitas at 353 Santa Fe St. They have 3 EVSEs there, one Clipper Creek out front as you drive into the complex, and then two Eaton units in the parking structure in the back (lower floor, northeast corner). All 3 units are free. There is a Rite Aid across the street from the Clipper Creek unit in the front parking lot, so there is a little something to do while charging if you're not visiting someone in the hospital...

Scripps%20Encinitas%201.jpg

Scripps%20Encinitas%202.jpg

Scripps%20Encinitas%203.jpg

Here's an update to what I posted earlier about the Blink installation at the Subway in Ralph's Center at Mission and Friars Road. There is a third unit in the ADA spaces to the east of Subway that can be used by both spaces. In addition, there are the two original Blink units just a few spaces to the South of this one...There was a BMW ActiveE charging away when I arrived, which was great to see, so we soaked up a few electrons...More adventures next weekend....

Subway%20Ralphs%201.jpg

Subway%20Ralphs%202.jpg

I was here on Sunday and the black and tan Toyota in Randy's photo was in the EV spot. Security had already ticketed the car and said they were told to make sure the space was open for charging vehicles.

Randy said:
This weekend, I visited Scripps Hospital in Encinitas at 353 Santa Fe St. They have 3 EVSEs there, one clipper creek out front as you drive in the complex, and then two Eaton units in the parking structure in the back (lower floor, northeast corner). All 3 units are free. There is a Rite Aid across the street from the Clipper Creek unit out front, so there is a little something to do while charging if you're not visiting someone in the hospital...

Scripps%20Encinitas%202.jpg

saintyohann said:
I was here on Sunday and the black and tan Toyota in Randy's photo was in the EV spot. Security had already ticketed the car and said they were told to make sure the space was open for charging vehicles.
It's great to hear that they are enforcing, but I hope the poor guy wasn't simply color-blind and mistook the green curb for a blue curb. It would be an easy mistake to make.

There's always this little sign to warn people at the Encinitas location :)

Attachments

• Scripps Encinitas 4.jpg
    Scripps Encinitas 4.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 37
Another public charging station round robin this weekend...

After the LEAF Owners meetup, I stopped briefly at the Poway Walgreens, at 13390 Poway Rd. to check out their ChargePro station...They have one Level 2 charging station here at this location...

Walgreens%20Poway%201.jpg

Walgreens%20Poway%202.jpg

Next up, later in the day, a stop at the Macy's store in Mission Valley. The charging stations are located to the east of the Macy's store, at 1555 Camino de la Reina...There are 4 units here, and I was able to chat a bit with some Car2Go renters as they dropped off their car to go see a movie...

Macys%20MV%201.jpg

Macys%20MV%202.jpg

As the sun was starting to go down, I stopped to take some photos of the Mission Valley Ikea Blink stations. There are 3 units here, but one is only accessible from the ADA spot, so really there are 2 units available for the general public. The signage is pretty good as well, and I've never seen the two non-ADA spots ICE'd. This is a great location, as there is a Costco and a Lowes store nearby, plenty to do while you're waiting for a charge...

Ikea%201.jpg

Ikea%202.jpg

This morning, I took a trip to Del Mar to check out the recently-completed Blink units at the Del Mar Public Access TV Studio. They are located at 240 10th St. in Del Mar in the public parking lot there. There isn't much right in the general vicinity, but a few stores and businesses within a short walk...

Del%20Mar%20TV%201.jpg

Del%20Mar%20TV%202.jpg

Our last stop for this weekend was the 4S Commons Town Center off the I-15. There are two Blinks installed in front of the World Market / Hollywood Tans businesses at 10455 Reserve Dr. Plenty to do with the 4S center, including eateries, shopping, grocery stores, etc. Unless you have a J1772 extender adapter, only one of these two units is available for non-ADA folks to use...

4S%20Commons%201.jpg

4S%20Commons%202.jpg

I wonder who far along the Blink DC charger installation at Santa Ysabel has gone. At the last group meeting, people said that it should be up by now. Anyone know?

Los Angeles just add a Blink DC charger at the Toy Factory

I think the one in Poway will up before Santa Ysabel, based on a conversation with David Gatcha from Ecotality on Tuesday.

Also, 401 B St. (Wells Fargo) has two Blink L-2's (one in the handicap [only] spot) and a ChargePoint next to the other Blink with very good signage leading you down to the 5th level to where the EVSE's are. Of course the screen was frozen on the only Blink we could use so my wife fortunately found the ChargePoint card and used that one instead. I called in a work order, so we'll see. This Blink equipment is total crap and the hold music is enough to make you chew your own foot off. I bet they do it on purpose and even make sure you wait 5-10 minutes just to discourage you from calling back.

Also, parking is $2.00 for every 15 minutes, but if you're there on business some tenants will validate a certain portion of the fee (validation rates varies).

KMG365 said:
I think the one in Poway will up before Santa Ysabel, based on a conversation with David Gatcha from Ecotality on Tuesday.
Where's the Poway QC supposed to be going in? I must have missed the news about that one...

Permits and all paperwork are a go for Santa Ysabel (DC FC and L2) and construction will begin shortly. La Mesa L2 has broken ground and is being built now.

Not sure what is meant by DC FC unit in Poway; nothing going there that I know of...There are other DC FC on the books that are in the permit / processing phase, but not in Poway...More details to come as they get closer...

Taking the train in to the fair today, I saw a single Blink unit being installed one block south of the Encinitas Coaster station. The installer said it would be up today.

Came back after the fair, there are two units; one regular and one handicap across the lot. There is no EV signage yet and while the regular charger was ICE'd it has a very long cord and I charged two spaces over (it could have gone 3 spaces). Added to plugshare.

Back