sat nav screen unuseable in the sun

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariomonkey

Hi! In the last few days I have noticed that when the sun is out I can't see a darn thing on the sat nav screen! It doesn't seem to get any better when I change the angle of the screen very lightly. Anyone spoken to their dealer or Nissan about this? Seems crazy not to be able to use the thing properly from now to September!

In a similar vein, the Blink screen is very difficult to view in the sun. When I use a public charger and it is in a parking lot in the sun I have to practically press my face to the screen to enter my zip code to commence charging.

ontariomonkey said:
Hi! In the last few days I have noticed that when the sun is out I can't see a darn thing on the sat nav screen! It doesn't seem to get any better when I change the angle of the screen very lightly. Anyone spoken to their dealer or Nissan about this? Seems crazy not to be able to use the thing properly from now to September!
Is it your sunglasses?

Christopher said:
Is it your sunglasses?
I haven't noticed any issues viewing the screen while wearing polarized sunglasses.
garygid said:
Also note the function of the button on the lower LEFT corner of the Nav screen's bezel, it might help your brightmess issue.
+1
If you drive in the daytime with your headlights on, you'll probably also have to use that button to adjust the brightness.

Thanks for the tips, I will try the day/night button tomorrow. We have daytime running lights up here, not sure if that is affecting it, btw it is not related to my sunglasses.

The night/day button did not work. It is like trying to use a laptop in full sun AND sometimes the sun reflecting off the screen is absolutely blinding, I have to press the button to move the screen so that it is open (like to put in a CD). This is really getting annoying.

garsh said:
Christopher said:
Is it your sunglasses?
I haven't noticed any issues viewing the screen while wearing polarized sunglasses.
garygid said:
Also note the function of the button on the lower LEFT corner of the Nav screen's bezel, it might help your brightmess issue.
+1
If you drive in the daytime with your headlights on, you'll probably also have to use that button to adjust the brightness.

This is actually a common problem with gas pumps (ouch) that use LCD. Some sunglasses filter it out. The pump looks like it's dead ... I looked like a real fool when the attendant told me to take of my sunglasses!

But I agree, with our local (not working) Level 3 chargers in sunlight you cannot see them (LED) without forming a shroud with your hands. But, to me, I would sooner see them work, period, which 350green cannot seem to do ... blaming it on the equipment maker efacec (sp?) !

Back