seat belt buckle hits elbow

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjarthur

with the driver's seat all the way down to maximize headroom, and my hands palm-up at the 4 and 8 o'clock positions on the wheel (my preferred ergonomic position), my right elbow hits the seat buckle and it's uncomfortable. the buckle remains at a fixed height from the floor of the vehicle independent of seat height due to a rigid metal bar, so for shorter drivers who raise the seat it's not a problem. anyone know if it's possible to replace said bar with a shorter one for taller drivers?

You must be VERY tall with VERY long arms! I might suggest either moving your seat backwards a bit more (causing your arms to have to extend more) or recline your seat back a bit more (ditto). If neither of those work, a simple seatbelt extender might work for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Seatbelt-Extender-Adjustable-Extendable-Equipment/dp/B0146FXPBK/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1450015834&sr=8-15&keywords=seatbelt+extender

Back