See The Leaf In Person 9/20/10 @ Boardwalk Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmiser1

GM said to spread the word. Monday, 11am-1pm, Nissan leaf will be at the dealership "touch it-check it out." :)

"Per Nissan corporate's rules, we are not allowed to offer test drives."

I'll be going. The only time I've seen the Leaf in person was at Santana Row Shopping Center, San Jose, CA, end of last year.
So, at least I'll get to actually sit in it to see how comfortable it may be, as well as really look it over, top to bottom.

Anyone else going??

I plan to check it out. I saw one at Santana Row near San Jose, and later at the Plug-In 2010 conference, but there was no opportunity to sit in the Leaf.

I saw the LEAF at Santana Row, Tour of California in Santa Cruz, and Plug-in 2010, but I haven't been able to touch one yet. I'm tempted, but Redwood City is a bit far and the time is a bit early [he says as he posts at 2:15 AM]. What I'm really waiting for is the chance to drive it.

On the other hand, it would be nice to meet some of you people in person ...

gasmiser1 said:
Anyone else going??
I am certainly going to try to be there along with my significant other Terri. Will be nice to get a chance to meet and chat with forum members in person. Hopefully I will also be able to meet Susan in person as well.

Perhaps I will wear my one and only Honda EV Plus shirt so people will know who I am ;)

I'll be there.

I've been walking by Boardwalk Nissan at lunchtime for the last few months hoping to see one (and Boardwalk Chevrolet for the Volt)

I can't decide whether to buy a Leaf or a Volt. With the $5,000 California rebate, the Leaf is a bargain when compared to the Volt, but can I accept the range limitation.

Maybe seeing a Leaf in person will help me decide.

green01 said:
but can I accept the range limitation.

Track your daily driving now. Many drivers are surprised to find out how few miles they actually drive on a daily basis. For those times when you need another vehicle, consider renting with the money that you are saving on gasoline each month. :)

green01 said:
I'll be there.

I've been walking by Boardwalk Nissan at lunchtime for the last few months hoping to see one (and Boardwalk Chevrolet for the Volt)

I can't decide whether to buy a Leaf or a Volt. With the $5,000 California rebate, the Leaf is a bargain when compared to the Volt, but can I accept the range limitation.

Remember one thing if you choose a Volt, you will not get one for $41K...it more than likely will be at least 50K. If you're in the EVP area, you will have nothing to worry about. I actually plan on using my LEAF as a Primary car. There will be DC fast chargers on the interstates.

I finally saw the Leaf in person today at Boardwalk :)
The model shown today was the SV model (w/o the Level III charging port) and was silver in exterior color. Interior was a light tan on the seats and door panels. Carpet was a generic non-pile type, dark-grey in color. The seats had a fabric that was similar to a Prius Gen II micro fiber. Seats were very comfortable. Driver's seat had a height adjustment, as well as front to back, and back rest adjustments fore and aft. Door panels were a combination of microfiber on the arm rests, and plastic. I sat in the driver's seat with the seat all the way back, and there was just enough room for a 6'2'' guy behind me without his knees hitting the back of the seat. Leg room was comfortable. Steering wheel had tilt feature. Center consul and driver/passenger up front had cup holders. Doors closed nice and solid with double rubber seals. I think it would be a tight fit for 3 adults in the back seat.

I was able to try the features: radio, touch screen interface, AC, map, etc. AC blows ice cold. Just turning it on reduced the range by 9 miles. The range display/screen was easy to read and operate.

I viewed it in motion around the parking lot and it is extremely quiet.

I'm 6'2'', and sitting in the front seats, I found that I still had a several inches to spare in height. In the back seat, I had a few inches in height to spare.

Fit and finish was on par with an upscale model Mirano or Maxima. The trunk was nice and deep. One guy held up his road bicycle next to the car and one could see it would fit no problem lying the bike down in back with the rear seats folded.

The only initial thing I didn't like about the Leaf was the wimpy horn. That will definitely need to be upgraded.

gasmiser1 said:
I sat in the driver's seat with the seat all the way back, and there was just enough room for a 6'2'' guy behind me without his knees hitting the back of the seat. Leg room was comfortable. Steering wheel had tilt feature. Center consul and driver/passenger up front had cup holders. Doors closed nice and solid with double rubber seals. I think it would be a tight fit for 3 adults in the back seat.
I saw that same car Sunday at Stevens Creek Nissan, and was somewhat disappointed in the rear seat room. At 250 lbs I am on the heavy side, but I didn't expect to take up nearly half of the seat width. The big surprise, even though it has been mentioned, was how high the rear seat floorboard was. I had imagined the rear seat being up a bit higher but, no, it's more like sitting on a (cushioned) step. I'm not tall or long legged, but I felt like my knees were sticking up in the air. Yes, there is plenty of head room, and enough room in front of you that your knees won't hit the front seat, but it didn't take long before I had the urge to stretch my legs, and that there was no room for. I have to wonder how long a typical man could ride back there without feeling rather uncomfortable.

On a more upbeat note, the rear seating was the only part of the car I didn't like. And those seats themselves fold forward to provide a flat surface at the level of the top of the "lip" behind them (where the charger apparently is). It made me think of adding some sort of hard cover for the storage "well" that would extend the flat surface clear to the back of the car.

Back