See The Leaf In Person 9/20/10 @ Boardwalk Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK the sound has 3 setting per CNET youtube video.

The battery look full size to me.

I thought I hear the SL had a aux battery to run the head lights and accessory's.

I wonder why Nissan wanted it to look like a 4 cylinder engine. Or is there a circuit board that is the shape as that cover?

Wow look at all the hoses. I thought hose and belts where going to out of my future? :mrgreen:

No belts. Hoses are for the inverter fluid, brake fluid, etc. Nissan rep said the electric motor is liquid cooled. Top of electric motor (looks like valve cover) is the electric motor electronics and battery management systems?

Both the SV and SL models have that 12 volt lead acid battery in the engine compartment.

Gonewild said:
I like and wish I could order it without having to buy the ECO package.
I'm sure you'll be able to buy the eco console applique from the dealer parts counter later on, and install it yourself.

DeaneG said:
Gonewild said:
I like and wish I could order it without having to buy the ECO package.
I'm sure you'll be able to buy the eco console applique from the dealer parts counter later on, and install it yourself.
yes I have ask my dealer if he can install it before I get delivered to me. I will weigh the cost I think it look better the mat finish and I think Nissan thinks like me because it is that way on all there demo cars with or without the door sticker.

Gonewild said:
OK the sound has 3 setting per CNET youtube video.

The three start up sounds are at 3:10 on this YouTube video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OymRdtE_1LQ[/youtube]

The first 2 would drive me nuts!

I did take a lot of photos, and will be uploading it to Flickr when I get some time to do so...
Stay tuned on this thread.

I must say, that nothing compares to truly "experiencing" the vehicle in person. For example, I chose Silver as my color based on graphical pictures, but seeing it in person adds more perspective overall. This was also the first time I got to go inside the vehicle, and feel the ambiance inside it.

The Leaf vehicle was "hands-off" at the recent 2010 Plug-In event in SJ, and thus, being inside the car for the first time, certainly adds a new perspective to pre- owning it. Now, all that is left is the "test drive" !

I've briefly driven the car at lower speeds a couple times. The regen seems very low and as though there is more brake pad used. The steering is is not too bad but I have felt better EPS on Toyota vehicles, it seems a bit too assisted but most people will not care or know the difference.

"TEG" of Tesla forum says ...

I saw a production Leaf at a dealership yesterday.

Among other things, they replaced the prototype's LED backup lights with traditional incandescent bulbs. Also the rear turn signals are bulbs now too.

The audio / nav system seems to have both SD card and USB ports for input.
Charge locations for the bay area only showed Steven's Creek and Vacaville so far.

Any one here noticed this ?

evnow said:
"TEG" of Tesla forum says ...

I saw a production Leaf at a dealership yesterday.

Among other things, they replaced the prototype's LED backup lights with traditional incandescent bulbs. Also the rear turn signals are bulbs now too.

The audio / nav system seems to have both SD card and USB ports for input.
Charge locations for the bay area only showed Steven's Creek and Vacaville so far.

Any one here noticed this ?

I don't think there is an SD slot. See the pics in my Flickr. The USB port, yes it was there and I saw it under the interior 12V cig lighter plug.

Anyways, here is my photostream from Flickr for anyone who wants to see the Silver Leaf. Many thanks to Boardwalk Nissan RWC who organized the preview session and had their wonderful staff spend time with potential customers...

Silver Leaf at Boardwalk Nissan RWC photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43375161@N00/sets/72157624888545047/

The Silver Leaf at Boardwalk Nissan @ RWC was a July 2010 manufacture, 2011 MY.

Photos:

mxp said:
I don't think there is an SD slot. See the pics in my Flickr.
Yes, there is an SD slot. Actually two. On the car shown at Boardwalk Nissan on 9/20, they were behind the nav screen. On the picture below, you can see the nav screen has been lowered. The CD slot is on top. The two SD slots were behind a plastic cover just below the CD slot on the right side. The Slots were labeled "A" and "B". "B" said "Map" on it as well and was populated with a SD card. Presumably, that's the map data. I'm not sure what the "A" slot was.

(
2010_09_20-11_53_24-015-NissanLEAF-600.jpg
)

mxp said:
The USB port, yes it was there and I saw it under the interior 12V cig lighter plug.
Yeah, the USB port is shown here:

2010_09_20-11_58_29-019-NissanLEAF-600.jpg

The other black square cover on the upper right in the picture had a 3.5mm "headphone" jack that presumably is where a mp3 player can be hooked up.

Lol, mwalsh :lol: Well a slot is a type of hole, so, yeah :shock:

Sweet pics, mxp! Thanks for showing the detail in many areas of the car. Good to see the texture of the dashboard as well.

mxp said:
The Silver Leaf at Boardwalk Nissan @ RWC was a July 2010 manufacture, 2011 MY.

Photos:

Thanks for all the great pictures! Very detailed and helpful. I'm still surprised to see how full the engine compartment is.

Back