Self Starting Leaf?!?!?!?!?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanBaldwin

I just went to lunch, and when I came back I turned the car off, opened the door, and the Leaf beeped a couple of times, then turned itself back on in accessory mode. I pressed the power button again, and it went off again. I just went out and checked, and everything seems to work fine.

I haven't noticed that the button sticks. I'll pay a little more attention. I don't think I pushed the button twice, but possible. Don't you have to push the button twice to get to accessory mode; 3 times from on? There was a bit of a delay from the time I pressed the power button to turn the car off, and when the dash started to light up again.

DanBaldwin said:
I don't think I pushed the button twice, but possible. Don't you have to push the button twice to get to accessory mode; 3 times from on? There was a bit of a delay from the time I pressed the power button to turn the car off, and when the dash started to light up again.
Oh, I guess you didn't really mean accessory mode. Both the console and the dash were lit up? That's "On" mode (as opposed to "Ready" mode when you can drive). Accessory mode is one press from off, and the dash isn't lit up. As for the delay, the computers that run the console and the dash do have to boot up. They really are running a special version of Microsoft Windows, you know.

One thing I noticed very early is the lack of any anti-jitter logic on the power button. If you press it lightly it can easily be taken as two, or possibly even three, signals.

Ray

Yes, I meant on mode. I did some playing around and found that if you press the button twice from ready mode, the Leaf goes into on mode, so I'm sure that's what happened. Either I accidentally double punched the button, or the button bounced for some reason.

Back