Service EV System. Unable to restart after power off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shgrace

Hello,

I have a 2020 SV+ which I bought used from a non-Nissan dealership out of state in March. I’ve replaced the 12 v but it is still sporadically throwing that warning and not starting. It also will not charge fully. With leaf spy there is not a code for the Ev battery. There are other codes. Any ideas and suggestions?

shgrace said:
Hello,

I have a 2020 SV+ which I bought used from a non-Nissan dealership out of state in March. I’ve replaced the 12 v but it is still sporadically throwing that warning and not starting. It also will not charge fully, basketball stars unblocked the ultimate online basketball game. With leaf spy there is not a code for the Ev battery. There are other codes. Any ideas and suggestions?

It's possible that your 2020 Nissan Leaf SV+ has a problem with the on-board charger (OBC).
Check the OBC fuses. The OBC fuses are located in the underhood fuse box. If one of the fuses is blown, it will need to be replaced.
Clean the OBC connector. The OBC connector is located on the OBC itself. If the connector is dirty or corroded, it can cause problems. You can clean the connector with a contact cleaner or by spraying it with a little bit of WD-40.

Went to go out in our 2.0 leaf brought new in 2022, today and came across this, "ev system unable to start after power off" . So, the fun begins........

Hopefully the fun is simple and short lived. Welcome to the forum - there are dozens of helpful knowledgeable owners who can help you.
Thanks, The fault, "Service ev system unable to restart after power off". R.A.C. attended, turns out the 12 volt battery was low on power, half an hour with a booster pack attached and away we were. I guess it all still needs checking out, as to why the 12volt battery went low.

Low 12v battery is common in the Leaf. If you search the forum you can find advice on a battery that is more tolerant of the problem.

I guess it all still needs checking out, as to why the 12volt battery went low.
Because they do (especially if lead-acid).
If I had a $1 for every "my 12v battery is low/old/bad and I'm getting strange dash (or LeafSpy) readings" post on this forum over the last 10 years...it would have paid for my Lithium 12v battery (which pretty much ended those type of problems). ;)

Back