Should HOV sticker be extended?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FremontRider

Besides savings gas and helping with the environment, (other car is a Camry Hybrid) a reason why we bought our fourth car is to get the HOV sticker. I believe the sticker is supposed to end Jan 1. 2015. It seems like the rate of sale of pure electric is so slow that I think or I hope that the HOV stickers will get extended.

What do you guys think? Since you guys seems to be very knowledgeable with anything EV and Hybrids. :)

They were extended before, but who is to say what will happen come 2015.
I don't think we will hear much either way for at least a couple of years.

Bigger news will be what else gets into the carpool lane.
New green stickers for Plug-in-Prius... Toll/pay access to carpool lanes, etc.

FremontRider said:
Thanks. I added a question mark.
Doesn't help. Try something like "Should HOV stickers be extended?"

Anyway, I don't think they should. HOV lanes should actually BE for carpools. I'm always amazed at all the people willing to spend thousands on a car just to access the HOV lanes, but they can't be bothered to join an actual carpool.

thankyouOB said:
FremontRider said:
Thanks. I added a question mark.

you put the question mark in the wrong place.
do they have high school in Fremont?
If you think this is bad, you should check out a few of the posters on cruzetalk.com. :shock: Maybe I'll start a post in the OT area about that...

Here are a few gems:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-a...paint-my-new-chevy-cruze-dents.html#post38634 (look at all the posts made by brian k)
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-a...m-whos-got-most-modded-cruze-4.html#post45943 (namely the quoted post)
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-a...m-whos-got-most-modded-cruze-4.html#post45945 (his reply)
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/17-off-topic-discussion/1048-cruze-drag-racing-3.html#post15582 (see quoted post followed by the complaint)

My grammar isn't perfect but when I come across posts like those and an admission like this: :roll:
make fun of my grammer all you want i dont care you know why cause ive been dropped out of school since i was 16

Wow. Are you guys just reading the posts for grammatical and spelling errors? You cannot even capitalized the first letter of your sentence? I did not see any value of your answer thankyouOB so why answer at all? So just FYI - Mission San Jose High School is one of the best high schools in Ca.

Even though members may not be as educated or not a good writer like you, please do not discourage members from writing and asking their questions by making fun or insulting them. So another FYI - I have an MBA from one of the top tier schools. This is not an English class but a discussion forum.

FremontRider said:
Wow. Are you guys just reading the posts for grammatical and spelling errors? You cannot even capitalized the first letter of your sentence? I did not see any value of your answer thankyouOB so why answer at all? So just FYI - Mission San Jose High School is one of the best high schools in Ca.

Even though members may not be as educated or not a good writer like you, please do not discourage members from writing and asking their questions by making fun or insulting them. So another FYI - I have an MBA from one of the top tier schools. This is not an English class but a discussion forum.

your sentence structure is misleading, causing people to think HOV privileges are extended; that is the issue, not your pride or ego.
get over yourself and fix it!

(I wont comment on how one can get an mba from a "top tier school" and still not know how to communicate.)

thankyouOB said:
your sentence structure is misleading, causing people to think HOV privileges are extended; that is the issue, not your pride or ego.
get over yourself and fix it!
Yep.

Let's parse "HOV stickers will be extended - what do you think?" The first part is a statement: "HOV stickers will be extended". Really? Can you point me to a source that says they will be extended? In the absence of such an extension, the statement is misleading.

The second part asks us for our thoughts about the above extension.

I'm not here to be the grammar police but the subject threw me off when I saw it. I'm sure has thrown off many others who have seen the title or viewed this thread.

Thanks Cwerdna for clarifying. I changed the title using Tonywilliams' suggestion. Thanks for members that explained the issue and gave suggestions to an inexperienced forum guy like me. A member who answered with no value added - no thanks.

FreemontRider: Your original subject was confusing. Thanks for correcting it.

thankyouOB: Don't be a jerk.

thankyouOB said:
you put the question mark in the wrong place.
do they have high school in Fremont?

The HOV stickers will likely be extended if the HOV lanes are not running at their designed capacity. That's just my guess.

Last time, the yellow stickers were terminated and the white stickers extended.

My guess is that in 2015, the green stickers will be terminated and the white extended.

No, I don't think the HOV sticker should be extended. It is the perfect length now to fit precisely on the fender. Any longer and it would overlap. :lol:

By 2015 all CA HOV lanes will become HOT lanes and white stickers wont provide any benefit. At least it would be that way if the MTA had its way after the 110 and 10 pilots end!

Back