Skyline Leather Seats upgrade and Window Tinting (SoCal)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One addition thing I would have like to have done when Tony installed the Leather upholstery are "Seat Heaters". It would have been the perfect time to get "seat heaters" installed. Just did not think of it in the middle of summer.

josh said:
After reading all the great feedback about Skyline, last week I brought my Leaf in on Wednesday to have leather put in. I did the Dark Gray, I really like the contrasting colors with the dark seats and light car accents (plastic, seatbelts, etc). It really goes well with the dash. Santos helped me (I only talked to Tony on the Phone). They did a great job! I will try and take some pictures this weekend. I love the new leather on my Leaf!
It's nice to see more people using Skyline; Tony and Santos are great guys! Did you get window tinting done too?

I added Medium Burl Wood panels and they fit well with Tony's custom leather interior.

Tardis_leather_wood.jpg

Hi Dear Leaf`ers
I am very interested in doing the same on my “Norwegian” Leaf. However it appears that Tony and Skyline not any longer is reachable via i-net. I would like to purchase this leather kit but don’t know how to get in touch with the vendor. Need some help here? Someone, please!
KR BNO

bno said:
Hi Dear Leaf`ers
I am very interested in doing the same on my “Norwegian” Leaf. However it appears that Tony and Skyline not any longer is reachable via i-net. I would like to purchase this leather kit but don’t know how to get in touch with the vendor. Need some help here? Someone, please!
KR BNO

I do not think Tony ever release a Leaf leather kit.

Hi GPOWERS

Thanks for your feedback.

I need to refine this a bit. I said KIT but thought about the complete set accept installation part. But that said, it would have been nice if someone please, could give me some contact details of Skyline seating or pairs to contact This would be highly appreciate. Thank you.

What is wrong with the contact info at the top of the thread?

Tony Dang (Owner)
Skyline Seating
13050 Hoover Street
Westminster 92683
http://www.skylineseating.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony's direct line is (714) 720-5272
email: [email protected]

WOW!!!! Looks like the domain name has gone in to a "Reactivation Period". So the website is down. The shop is too far for me to just drive by to see if he is still there. But with the web site down things do not look good.

Glad I got my seats done when I did.

I just called and talked to Tony (phone number above).

He is aware of the website problem, and thinks it will be 7 to 14 days before his "website guy" gets it fixed.

Yes, it sounds strange that it would take so long.

However, they are still in business.

garygid said:
I just called and talked to Tony (phone number above).

He is aware of the website problem, and thinks it will be 7 to 14 days before his "website guy" gets it fixed.

Yes, it sounds strange that it would take so long.

However, they are still in business.

Dear garygid
A warm thank you for taking the time to do this. A grateful greetings from Norway to you! I will make a call to Tony over the weekend.

Have a very nice day and good weekend!
KR
Bjorn

Thanks a lot guys! I got in touch with Tony via e-mail today. Leather interior is a step closer :D
KR
BNO

GPowers said:
I do not think Tony ever release a Leaf leather kit.
I did speak to Tony months ago about making a 'kit' available to those who live outside of southern California and while he said that he can make it available since he's done so many now but that it wouldn't be easy to install without some expertise. See this earlier post on this tread http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5963&start=10#p136534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Say this ad pop up:

http://www.leatherseats.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://youtu.be/r7EEZQYVaIg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also took my car to Tony Dang at Skyline Seating to have his company custom install leather for me. I requested that the seat center panels be perforated and additional lumbar support. The cost was $1000 plus $100 for the perforation – cash only. I gave him a $300 deposit so he could pre-make the skins. The warrantee he gave me is for 36 months or 36,000 miles which is the same warrantee he gives the dealerships.

The cost included seat back map pockets on front seats, head rests, and leather door pulls on all four doors. The seats are 60% leather (where you touch), 40% matching vinyl (seat backs, head rest backs). The light leather is very close to the original interior color but not exact as I learned that Nissan has patented the color! I considered darker leather on the door pulls but Tony explained that if the pulls get dirty they are easily cleaned with dish soap, which won’t harm the leather.

The leather skins replace the existing covers and include provisions for airbag deployment for which Tony’s shop is certified to do this work. They do not do the back of the rear seats as I learned that Nissan has a heavy duty carpet material there that can handle cargo when the seats are down. You can have piping and embroidered designs added for a little more. You can also have seat heaters and massagers installed at the same time.

I took the old skins with me – just in case. He just discards them if you don’t want them.

When I arrived (in Westminster, CA) he had them installed in 5 hours so I had plenty of time to re-charge and return home to San Diego without an overnight stay.

This was the “final” upgrade for my car which includes: leather, window tint, wood grain dash, “Electric” badges and Nissan rubber floor mats. Here are my pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/73171921@N05/6779110325/in/photostream/

I also should mention that I discovered Tony on Mike Walsh’s thread “Leather anyone?” viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4266&start=20#p108338

As been mentioned Tony’s website was hijacked but should be working again by Feb. 1, 2012.

Back