Snow handling!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XeonPony

well didn't see where to put this so will put it here and if a mod puts it in a more relivent spot so be it!

been snowing last two days so figured I'd see how it did in hard breaking, jerky steering and hard accelerate and engine breaking (Regen) top speed was 30KMH

It handled great, barely was able to get it to slide, the snow is a moderatly wet snow, so good compacting and sticking ability (Makes for good traction on virgine snow) did great in the slush, I'll feel pretty good of being in controll of it on high way speeds after that testing.

the traction controll system is noisy as hell when triggerd sounds like a speed punch system in a metal shop

TomT said:
That's the ABS pump.

XeonPony said:
the traction controll system is noisy as hell when triggerd sounds like a speed punch system in a metal shop

irrelivent what it is, just pointing out it is noisy, as for abl it is the solenoids and reliefe of pressure to allow the wheel to spin up durring hard breaking that generates most noise, I'll assume they are using a vacuum boost system like every one ells or a PD pump.

Very pronounced chatter as well, not alarming or suprising to me but for those new to such a system be ready for it if you break hard in slush!

Been debating if I'll convert my truck to all wheel abs, think I will after seeing how good it can work.

XeonPony said:
...It handled great, barely was able to get it to slide, the snow is a moderatly wet snow, so good compacting and sticking ability (Makes for good traction on virgine snow) did great in the slush, I'll feel pretty good of being in controll of it on high way speeds after that testing...
One of the first things I did when I got my car was try to get it to skid on a snowpacked road so I could see how it would handle, as I've done with previous cars. But with the stability control and ABS I was unable to get it to skid! That was useful to know. Perhaps someday, when I have a patch of glare ice — which is rare here — I'll give it another try.

LeftieBiker said:
I guess I'll be able to climb ski slopes with my actual snow tires, then!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10728&p=264007&hilit=Hakkapelitta#p264007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually tires are Hakkapelitta 8 (Nokian), not 7 (i will correct).

Back