SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbleakne said:
It happens that wind generation in California peaks during the night, as can be seen here:

http://www.caiso.com/outlook/SystemStatus.html

Wind generation is still a small fraction of the total, but it is a growing fraction, and for a long time there should be more power produced by wind than consumed by electric vehicles.
Wow, that web site is amazing! To see real-time power demand and production, and how much is coming from wind power. I didn't know there was such info available, this is great!

Southern California "Leafers" Gathering #2:

Breakfast on Saturday, 16 Oct, at the Santa Ana (17th St, just east of I-5)
Hometown Buffet, roughly 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
Everyone invited, BYOB (Buy Your Own Breakfast), a good variety of food, and not expensive.

I will try to arrive around 8:00, but at least before 8:30.
See you there. ;)

Show and Tell on 16 Oct:

On Saturday morning, bring any of your pictures, presentations, video, documents, or even music that you would like to share.

I will bring a PC (Vista) laptop to copy the pictures, etc. from your SD cards or USB Flash Drives, into folders like "FromXYZ".

Then, those that want other's folders can copy the desired info back to their own media.

Of course, participation is voluntary, and ... no viruses, please!

Mitch, Gregg, Tom, Boomer, Gary, and Kat showed up.

We discussed EVSEs (AV, Blink, Leviton, EVCA, and SPX), their installation (one and two meters, Smart, Digital, TOU, and DIR), and Public Utility (DWP, SCE, SDG&E) complexities, and PV systems.

Thanks to all for attending.

garygid said:
Mitch, Gregg, Tom, Boomer, Gary, and Kat showed up.

We discussed EVSEs (AV, Blink, Leviton, EVCA, and SPX), their installation (one and two meters, Smart, Digital, TOU, and DIR), and Public Utility (DWP, SCE, SDG&E) complexities, and PV systems.

Thanks to all for attending.

Had a great time, as always and thanks to Gary for organizing it. Gary, I emailed you the pictures. Feel free to post them. :mrgreen:

I can make the 13th, but not the 20th.

Kat, cancel the camping, it'll be pouring rain in the middle of November. Come to nice, warm, dry Hometown Buffet instead!

Boomer23 said:
I can make the 13th, but not the 20th.

Kat, cancel the camping, it'll be pouring rain in the middle of November. Come to nice, warm, dry Hometown Buffet instead!

:lol: We will see....rain will cancel camping trip at any rate. A lot to like about HTB, that's for sure. :D

Back