SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
Well, we could have Gathering #3a on the 13th, and #3b on the 20th ... see, I try to help!

20th is good for me and I will be there on the 13th if it is raining on the 11th or 12th. I won't even try to camp!

I'm currently open for November 13. Maybe by then someone will have his EVSE installed, and I can get some insights. Come to think of it, I might be getting pretty close by then too.

Good, I will plan on "doing" at least the 13 Nov date.

The 20 Nov date is still in question, but I will likely do that date also, especially if we get one more person for the 20th.

In any case, Happy Thanksgiving to All. :)

Hi gang. I have put Nov 13 gathering #3 on my calendar.

I have been busy. I just signed a contract to install solar. I will post more about it on another thread. Modest size, but some special design tweaks. My calculations indicate it will be enough for me to go on whole-house TOU with SCE (TOU-EV1).

Mitch, I have forgotten your handle. I want to watch for your car-order announcement. Can you or someone else post your handle here ? Thanks.

I have had some fun applying physics to fill-in some gaps in Nissan's data about how the Leaf will perform. Can you folks suggest the best thread to post this ? Gary, as an EE, I think you in particular will be interested. Tesla has a cool animation that illustrates how the electric motor in both the Tesla and Leaf operates. It is at:

http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster/technology/power-electronics-module

See you all on the 13th.

tbleakne said:
Hi gang. I have put Nov 13 gathering #3 on my calendar.

I have been busy. I just signed a contract to install solar. I will post more about it on another thread. Modest size, but some special design tweaks. My calculations indicate it will be enough for me to go on whole-house TOU with SCE (TOU-EV1).

Mitch, I have forgotten your handle. I want to watch for your car-order announcement. Can you or someone else post your handle here ? Thanks.

I have had some fun applying physics to fill-in some gaps in Nissan's data about how the Leaf will perform. Can you folks suggest the best thread to post this ? Gary, as an EE, I think you in particular will be interested. Tesla has a cool animation that illustrates how the electric motor in both the Tesla and Leaf operates. It is at:

http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster/technology/power-electronics-module

See you all on the 13th.

1051 That was my Aptera order number, it looks like i will need to add some more numbers. My October dashboard still has not opened up. I am glad that the September people have finally ordered and they have opened up October. I placed my deposit around 9pm on April 20th.

Mitch

tbleakne said:
My calculations indicate it will be enough for me to go on whole-house TOU with SCE (TOU-EV1).

TOU-EV1 is a two meter arrangement where the house can remain on it's original rate if you want.

TOU-D-TEV is a one meter arrangement for both house and vehicle.

If you haven't already done so, you can call Edison and ask them to do cost comparisons for you at your current rate, TOU-D-TEV, and TOU-EV1. When you finally talk to the person doing the analysis, he will want to know how much power you expect to use and when (evening or daytime). For TOU-EV1, my estimate figured the EV usage at TOU-EV1 and just added in the house at its current rate.

Well, it could be a little off, but I was just responding to tbleakne on Oct 25 11:19am this thread.

Let's return to the Gathering. Wasn't that a scary movie?

I am back from I-131 radiation scan (negative results) "exile", and my little girl "puppy" Heidi was SO excited to see me, and Boris, somewhat more reserved, was also VERY pleased.

I am looking forward to our breakfast on Saturday 13 Nov at HTB ... without the "glowing in the dark" part! :D As usual, I plan to be there shortly after 8:00, and at least before 8:30 AM.

Everybody welcome.

The HTB "Gathering" in the San Diego area (in Mira Mesa) was great, and that HTB offered an excellent breakfast.

Looks like camping weather for the weekend is going to be great...so I won't be able to be there. But Gary and anyone else, if you want to convene another one for Nov. 20, I would be happy to come down to the OC. Otherwise, will see you all at whatever date Gary schedules next.
BTW, I received 2 mailings of the window cling things in the Nissan packet. I know some of you are collectors, so anyone want my second unopened set?

Unfortunately, I am out for both Saturday mornings. Kids now have a karate class at 9a.
May change, though, for next month. Have a great Leafy kind of time. :cool:

garygid said:
Southern California "Leafers" Gathering #2:

Breakfast on Saturday, 16 Oct, at the Santa Ana (17th St, just east of I-5)
Hometown Buffet, roughly 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip

Same place for the 13th? Very sorry I missed the last one . . . . had to make money. I can do HTB on the 13th unless there's more $$$ to be made. At this junction, it's a 80% probability I can be there. I'll find out if "she who must be obeyed" wants to go out for a cheep breakfast, too.

sorry guys, I can't make it this Sat. either. I have to bring my car in to the mechanic so I can start getting it ready to sell. I'm hoping to make it back down there... maybe after we all have our Leafs? It'd be fun to see everyone's cars all together in the HTB parking lot! :lol:

Back