Summer temp in US

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdmondLeaf

Someone told me that OK is not considered hot. This is today's high in the shade. It looks like we may get a bit higher in next few days. So far we did not beat any high temp record this year and probably won't.
img1299an.jpg

EdmondLeaf said:
Someone told me that OK is not considered hot. This is today's high in the shade. It looks like we may get a bit higher in next few days. So far we did not beat any high temp record this year and probably won't.
Well, I would hate to live in a hot place then. :shock:

="EdmondLeaf" Someone told me that OK is not considered hot...

I checked long term average highs and low temps F for the hottest days of the year, for the cities nearest you and I.

Oklahoma City, 95 H and 73 L

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/oklahoma-city-ok/73102/july-weather/350143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Redding Ca, 100 H and 66 L

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/redding-ca/96001/july-weather/327134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fairly comparable, and both "hot", in my opinion.

Phoenix, however, is in an entirely different League:

107 H and 84 L

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/phoenix-az/85003/july-weather/346935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unfortunately what is reported and what is actual may differ we should be below 100F today but I guess 100% weather cast accuracy was challenged.... again. I also do not understand why yesterday at midnight it was 90 instead of 74?

Stoaty said:
EdmondLeaf said:

When people complain that Redding is "hotter than hell", I tell them, "no, it's not hotter".

If I Lived near Phoenix, I might not reply the same way.

one thing to consider; so called long term average highs, lows, etc. are misleading because of how the data is collected which is a big reason places like the weather underground site has become so popular. it is really ludicrous to take a large metropolitan area, select one location and call it "official"

i live in an area that consisted of 3 towns connected together; Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. for years the official "Olympia" temps were taken at Olympia Airport (the name of the airport is the only thing related to Olympia because it is located in Tumwater!) well, the BIG problem with that is Olympia is at the southern most tip of Puget Sound where the weather changes VERY drastically in just a few miles.
i use the weather underground site because it posts measurements from dozens of places in the 3 city area and the range is usually quite large.

so it is not hard to take some of the "hotter" spot of OKC and it have it compare very well to Vegas or Phoenix as there are sure to be hotter spots in those cities as well.

Similar temps are predicted for next 7 d, so far my car battery never experienced more than 85F but I am not driving Leaf for 7 wk already and I run AC in garage. So far I was not able get info from Nissan what is highest reasonable temp to avoid rapid degradation, any advice concerning highest temp and state of charge that is best in my storage situation. Weatherman said today that we can expect much cooling for another month

EdmondLeaf said:
Similar temps are predicted for next 7 d, so far my car battery never experienced more than 85F but I am not driving Leaf for 7 wk already and I run AC in garage. So far I was not able get info from Nissan what is highest reasonable temp to avoid rapid degradation, any advice concerning highest temp and state of charge that is best in my storage situation. Weatherman said today that we can expect much cooling for another month

i go with 7 TBs

edatoakrun said:
Stoaty said:
EdmondLeaf said:

When people complain that Redding is "hotter than hell", I tell them, "no, it's not hotter".

If I Lived near Phoenix, I might not reply the same way.
The most uncomfortable time I ever spent in a car was coming back down I-5 to the Bay Area from a Mt. Shasta climb one summer (1978?). Four of us were crammed into a BMW 2002, a brown car with vinyl seats lacking leg room or A/C and having exactly one vent, which blew a feeble amount of air onto the front passenger's left thigh from somewhere under the center of the dash.

I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam, and was in the backseat behind a guy who eventually stopped growing at 6'9" although I think he was only 6'5" at the time, so my knees were up around my ears. We'd got back to the cars around 2:00 pm, and after a short stop in Mt. Shasta City for some ice cream we started home. Heat records were being broken all up and down the central valley that day; I don't remember what the temp was in Redding but Red Bluff hit 114, and as we passed through it around 4:00 p.m. the high point was probably right around there. It wasn't until we got to Vallejo and the Carquinez strait that the temp dropped about 20 degrees or so, and we could breathe again. Between the climb and the drive back IIRR I lost 15 lb., although most of that was water. We were all wearing shorts and T-shirts, and had to be careful of letting bare skin touch the upholstery or metal to avoid getting burned. Every time there was a slight turn the two of us in the back would slide across the seat into each other, the vinyl seats being slick with sweat.

It is a not unrelated fact that I've spec'd cloth seats, lightish high albedo colors and A/C for every new car I've bought subsequent to that experience.

EdmondLeaf said:
I am confused is PHX located in OK, for sure is not in TX? We need some PHX temps here.
scaled.php

97 with thunderstorms is crazy. I thought rain was supposed to make it cool down. :shock:

ztanos said:
EdmondLeaf said:
I am confused is PHX located in OK, for sure is not in TX? We need some PHX temps here.
scaled.php

97 with thunderstorms is crazy. I thought rain was supposed to make it cool down. :shock:

For PHX at this time of year, 97 & Thunderstorms is a blessing. Without the clouds, it would normally be 105-110 or so.

EdmondLeaf said:
img1299an.jpg

And that was said by someone who never visited the "Great American Desert" as it was taught in grade school. There were several days this summer where the Great Plains were hotter than Death Valley. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Desert" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

This year has been one for the record books. The ONLY saving grace has been that most nights it got back down into the 70's. Back in the early 1980's we had a heat wave when the high's were in the hundreds but the low's never got below 80*F. Of course that was when the parents wouldn't run the a/c because of cost.

Soooo happy got a new a/c last fall before this summer hit.

Little Rock's not too far behind OK - It was 111 when I went to the car yesterday (forecast was 108), forecast says highs of 105 today & tomorrow (106 now)..... Forecast says we might have highs of 99 this weekend, then back to triple digits again for the remainder of the forecast...

Wife says we're moving to portland or seattle area as soon as jobs allow lol

Back