Tablet in the Dash

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlestonleafer

I'm working on putting an 4th gen iPad in the Dash on the leaf. I plan on relocating the factory head unit just below the dash in front of the center console, or maybe into the center console storage compartment. Has anyone done this yet?

Not exactly - I relocated the head unit for a carpc though, so kinda similar.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had to cut out some small plastic pieces inside the dash, and it was a pretty tight fit, but it worked.

Unfortunately I didn't take before/after pics--- but if you look at the first picture in the thread, basically the plastic piece where the avnav brackets mount previously had a plastic 'crossmember' just below the nav - right where the top of the nav is in that pic. Took about 10 seconds to cut it out with a dremel. The brackets behind are all quite solid steel, so cutting the little plastic cross-beam has no structural impact, and this is all behind the trim, so no visible impact.

Back