The First Blink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
syntaxerror said:
Sparky-
So you said they're using your WiFi network to connect back to their servers. I'm not sure of your technical background but can you sniff it? If you don't, PM me and I'll send you some instructions. Maybe do a "reboot" on the box and sniff?

I'm very interested in their protocol and they're encryption. (Suspecting SOAP over HTTPS).
Hmmm - Sparky - if you do this make sure you remove any of your personal information (if it is there).

syntaxerror, nothing against you. Just good practice.

Yep, I will be doing just that frequently. I sure hope I can get 25' by the time they install mine as 17 or 18 is going to be VERY tight!

pksd1 said:
How is everyone planning on running the cable from inside the garage to the outside/driveway (while making sure the garage door is fully closed)?

evnow said:
Sparky,

How is the Blink screen. I found it unresponsive when I tried it last month. Is it a resistive or capacitive lcd ?

Does it show any data on charging ?
The response is not great and there's a touchscreen calibration procedure on startup that doesn't seem to help that much. I'm guessing it's resistive, since I can use a plastic stylus and get response. But, it has a very light touch response... when it senses&locates the touch at all. No, energy stats yet. I'm sure that's a firmware upgrade I haven't gotten yet. The Blink firmware is definitely a work in progress, and my version is a bit buggy. Fortunately, the EVSE functions don't seem too affected; i.e., my LEAF gets charged every night.

sparky said:
evnow said:
Sparky,

How is the Blink screen. I found it unresponsive when I tried it last month. Is it a resistive or capacitive lcd ?

The response is not great and there's a touchscreen calibration procedure on startup that doesn't seem to help that much. I'm guessing it's resistive, since I can use a plastic stylus and get response. But, it has a very light touch response... when it senses&locates the touch at all. No, energy stats yet. I'm sure that's a firmware upgrade I haven't gotten yet. The Blink firmware is definitely a work in progress, and my version is a bit buggy. Fortunately, the EVSE functions don't seem too affected; i.e., my LEAF gets charged every night.

I am assuming touchscreen calibration is only on unit power-on, not everytime you are connecting your Leaf.

pksd1 said:
sparky said:
... The response is not great and there's a touchscreen calibration procedure on startup that doesn't seem to help that much. I'm guessing it's resistive, since I can use a plastic stylus and get response. But, it has a very light touch response... when it senses&locates the touch at all. No, energy stats yet. I'm sure that's a firmware upgrade I haven't gotten yet. The Blink firmware is definitely a work in progress, and my version is a bit buggy. Fortunately, the EVSE functions don't seem too affected; i.e., my LEAF gets charged every night.

I am assuming touchscreen calibration is only on unit power-on, not everytime you are connecting your Leaf.
Yeah, only on power-up and it can be ignored if you want to go straight to charging.

evnow said:
Sparky,

I thought it was unresponsive at first, too.

Then I realized that the calibration was about 1/2 inch off, and if I went 1/2 inch in the 4 oclock direction, it worked great.

How can you repeat the calibration?
My blink is also off -- note that you can perform almost all operations via the web interface (kind of a catch22 since you need to configure the network first via the touch interface).
AmarilloLeaf said:
evnow said:
Sparky,

Then I realized that the calibration was about 1/2 inch off, and if I went 1/2 inch in the 4 oclock direction, it worked great.

Fabio said:
How can you repeat the calibration?
My blink is also off -- note that you can perform almost all operations via the web interface (kind of a catch22 since you need to configure the network first via the touch interface).
AmarilloLeaf said:
evnow said:
Sparky,

Power cycle the Blink. It appears the calibration is hardcoded in their startup scripts.

Back