The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lonndoggie said:
1051 said:
I thought it was filmed by our old friend Bruce Brown with his 8mm camera in Seal or Huntington Beach

Do I know you? I grew up in Seal Beach, bussed to school at HB High. Used to marvel at the green Sphinx on top of Blackie August's house (y'know, Robert's dad).

And my dad was GM of a car dealership!

And I was (am) a Marx Bro's fan!

It all fits...

Possible, do you know Rich Harbour? I have one of his banana boards, I think Robert was with Rich at the time. I went to Lakewood HS.

1051 said:
Possible, do you know Rich Harbour? I have one of his banana boards, I think Robert was with Rich at the time. I went to Lakewood HS.
My first board was a Harbour, but I didn't know Rich (he lived up around the corner from us, though; we were on Catalina Ave, he was on Crestview).

Lakewood, eh? My cousin Mark went to Lakewood, was a drummer and eventually drum major. That was in the mid-60's. My HS years were '68-'73.

Small world, isn't it? Reckon that's why we need to by EVs and not ICE's, too.

lonndoggie said:
1051 said:
My first board was a Harbour, but I didn't know Rich (he lived up around the corner from us, though; we were on Catalina Ave, he was on Crestview).

Lakewood, eh? My cousin Mark went to Lakewood, was a drummer and eventually drum major. That was in the mid-60's. My HS years were '68-'73.

Small world, isn't it? Reckon that's why we need to by EVs and not ICE's, too.

It a small world, I graduated in 67

electricfuture said:
Dealership tried 4 times (2 different people) to get me to sign their extended warrantee at pick up including adding it to the printed invoice, which I had to reject. I told them repeatedly I was getting it from Santa Rosa, whom they tried to discredit. Warning – they have paperwork that shows their “cost” to try to convince you that the Santa Rosa deal can’t be true – but it is! In the end the Finance guy admitted he had heard of ”Santa Rosa” and dropped it.

Congrats!

I just can not stand how scammy dealerships are when it comes to these warranties like that :/ I feel very sorry for anyone that gets it with their car even if it's at "employee cost", etc. I'm sure Santa Rosa gets a lot of negative energy from the other dealers but they are definitely doing Nissan customers right. I think the extended warranty will end up being a sound decision :)

Back