The Hooman Experience

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraldk

The Hooman Experience

Below is what I went through buying a car at Hooman Nissan...

These are follow up email(s) to Hooman. Mr. Hooman never respond to me via email and in the end said they were not going to do anything about it.

Hello Mike and Wilmer,
Thank you for taking the time to talk with me today. This is a quick note as I have to run out the door. You ask me to send a statement of facts to show Mr. Hooman:

I came in to your dealership in late December and leased a 2012 Leaf. I ordered your extra $1,000 coverage package due in part of being a lease.

Before I took ownership of the car, after it was washed as it was covered in dirt, we discovered many flaws in the paint, including a very large chip/dent near the driver's door, missing paint above the driver's side passenger door, glue and such on the roof, and a nasty scratch under the rear spoiler.

Don and Wilmer confirmed these issues and said they would take care of them. I was told to bring the car in on a Tuesday at 9AM.  I brought the car in and to the surprise of both Nancy and Mike, I had no appointment nor did they know anything about the repairs. I was back on my way an hour later with my Leaf.

I called Wilmer and he did not know what was going on and said he had made the appointment. A few days and calls to your dealership and I was given the appointment of next Tuesday.

I showed up on Tuesday and dropped off the car. I was told it would be ready by Thursday.  Thursday came and I received no calls, so I called and was told it would not be ready until Monday. 

Monday came and no call.  I called and was told it would be ready by Friday.

Wednesday came and I got a call. I was told my car had been in an accident.  Car will not be ready until the following Friday.

Friday I showed up at 4:30PM. I was told to come down anytime after 3PM.  My car did not show up until after 6PM as it was not ready at all.

My car was very dirty on the inside. Mike was very embarrassed and apologized.

I looked over my car and the scratches and issues were still there. Meaning they fixed the damages from the car accident.

Your guys had the car for like two weeks+ and did not even fix it. I could not believe it. 

I was given the option of taking the car or leaving it there yet again. I decided to take it, as I really wanted to drive my new car. I was told to bring it back the following week to fix the initial problems.

My car was delivered back to me about a week later.

One of the scratches still has visible problems, but at this point I don't want to have my car in service for another two weeks.

Mike was very nice during the process and wanted to "make it right". I was given a "gasser" to drive around while my car was sequestered, but the point of the leaf is not to spend money on gas and at $9 a gallon, i am glad I stopped and filled up. The car I drove got about 25 MPG and was kinda junky. I only bring this up and although I appreciate the rental, it is no brand new Leaf.  Had you offered a Leaf to drive around I probably would have been fine with you having the car for another month or so.

I still have yet to receive a claim number or an accident report or what has been reported to CarFAX. My brand new car now has a police report, claim and an accident?  I don't know as I have not been given this information.  I have not complained about this to Mike, so maybe just an oversight.  However, when I do sell the car, I bet when I ask the dealer how much will you pay for the same car without an accident claim, I bet it is a lot more? 

I am kind of disappointed. The insurance company sent me the check and my company cashed it. I was called up and asked to look into it. I said I would and I was called like five more times to get that check over to Hooman right away. I felt that when it was an emergency on Hooman's part the phone was a blazen'. When I was trying to get a hold of anyone over at Hooman to find out what was going on, I was left on hold, once for thirty minutes. I have trusted you with my $30,000 investment and I get six phone calls over a $750.00 check? 

With this, I have had to ask Mike four times what's next. I have not had an emergency on Hooman's part to "make it right". 

This also happened with the lease papers. I was called right away to get things resolved, as a mistake was made, but when I called back with a question, it was like a scene out of an old western with the tumble weed rolling by.  Where did everyone go? 

Mike- I don't think this is your fault by any means and I believe you are tying to "make it right".

If you feel any of this should not be sent to Hooman or in other words if you think I am blaming you at all feel free to edit out what you think is fair.  

- Gerald Kirchner

Mr. Hooman has never emailed me or talked to me direct. The service manager (Mike) replied to one of my emails saying he got the above email and was going to give it to Mr. Hooman.

I was asked to send a follow up email. Here it is below:

Hello Mike,
Mr Hooman and Wilmer-

Here is a reminder and a follow up email as requested.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me on Friday.

As we talked about on Friday, I have now been waiting over a month since my last email. I think I have been patient, but it is starting to wear very thin.

I have now sold two Leaf(s) personally and I have not recommended Hooman to make those purchases. I LOVE my car, and plan on selling lots more. In fact, I will be at the third annual Solar Car races here in Long Beach where I will be displaying my Leaf. I will be talking about how much I just love driving around not using one drop of gas and how I don't stop at gas stations any more. However, I will not in good conscious be able to recommend Hooman Nissan. This is sad, as I really like Wilmer and Don. Not to mention both you and Nancy have been nice to me.

I leased a brand new car that had to be in the shop for almost a month. I share with you an anecdote. Another dealer gave his customer two free payments for a fifteen minute mistake the factory made with his car. Fifteen minutes to fix a problem and two months free.
The link below is the complete story:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My car was not only unavailable for a month, but I had to drive back and forth many times to your dealership to resolve these problems. It was in a accident, and was fifthly when it was finally "ready"!? I had to again return it to resolve the initial problems. I was out time, money, more time, and now I am still wasting my time having to write yet another email to your company?

Mr Hooman- I know you are a busy man. This will be my last request for a response. I expect it to be quick.

- Gerald Kirchner

No return email was ever sent.

I decided to go to Corporate with the problem. They were nice and apologized for what I had to go through. They sent me a check to cover one month of lease payments to help ease the pain of everything I have gone through with Hooman. The service manager has been very nice and his hands are tied. Maybe they will offer me a free cabin filter when the time comes...

I had suggested they could refund the extra service coverage I paid for, but that did not go anywhere either. :-(

Crappy dealer. Glad Nissan corp took care of you. I'm sure corp put them on the naughty list limiting their incentives. Hooman will pay in other ways.

Back