The Leaf orphan thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skywagon said:
Gonewild said:
That is the problem Nissan is trying to avoid the dealer selling over MSRP.

You were listening to the very same conversation that I was and the main concern I heard is that they want people who went through the reservation system (the same long process we all are going through) to get the initial cars. They don't want someone who is willing to just throw money at a dealer to be the one to receive the early cars.

Nissan will be involved in these deliveries and I do feel that they will take back or re-appropriate any cars that are not purchased by the original reservation holders.
Sorry friend...that just simply isn't the case at all. What Nissan cares about is...properly delivering the cars to us, be it however long it takes, so long as they do it they're way. As far as controlling the dealers with directing and re-directing LEAFs that become "cancelled" orders; Corporate/the factory can not interfere with Dealer Operations as far as that goes and also the 'selling process' as well. This is part of the Dealer Agreement between us and Corporate Nissan. Period. Don't believe me...watch and see. Clearly, it benefits both sides in getting these cars into the hands of you all---however possible. That is their position on this whole matter.

Looks like Connell Nissan has an orphaned Leaf for sale.. Listed at MSRP..

http://www.connellnissan.com/new/Nissan/2011-Nissan-Leaf-d04eb11d0a0a0065011803fbb05ddaa1.htm

VIN #224

xtremeflyer said:

http://www.connellnissan.com/new/Nissan/2011-Nissan-Leaf-d04eb11d0a0a0065011803fbb05ddaa1.htm

VIN #224
CA residents only can purchase it seems.

Blue.
SL-e should mean thar it "includes" the QC port.
So, buying at SL-e MSRP is already like getting $700 off
of an SL+QC to us non-EVP people.

I wonder why the "buyer" dropped out?

xtremeflyer said:

VIN #224

Just got off the phone with them. It's not for sale. "It was a mistake". The phone rep was pushing hard to get my phone number and name to take a reservation and add me to "his list" which he confirmed is already over 100. It appears to be a lead gen trick to get people to call in. A bit shady if you ask me. :roll:

KevinH said:
Just got off the phone with them. It's not for sale. "It was a mistake". The phone rep was pushing hard to get my phone number and name to take a reservation and add me to "his list" which he confirmed is already over 100. It appears to be a lead gen trick to get people to call in. A bit shady if you ask me. :roll:
Jeez, so car dealer-like of them. Talk about bait and switch, used the VIN and everything.

xtremeflyer said:

VIN #224
It's my LEAF and I'm so pissed right now I can't see straight. I called them up immediately and they said it was an error and it's Nissan corp fault, they listed the car, not Connell. My LEAF is not for sale. They said my car has a Jan 13th delivery date. They promised to call me before noon tomorrow and explain exactly what happened. We'll see. I would much rather have my LEAF and be done with it.

ENIAC said:
It's my LEAF and I'm so pissed right now I can't see straight. I called them up immediately and they said it was an error and it's Nissan corp fault, they listed the car, not Connell. My LEAF is not for sale. They said my car has a Jan 13th delivery date. They promised to call me before noon tomorrow and explain exactly what happened. We'll see. I would much rather have my LEAF and be done with it.
Wow - the nerve ! Once you pickup your car - be sure to call Nissan and complain.

ENIAC said:
xtremeflyer said:

VIN #224

Wooowgh! That is just wrong! Sounds like its time to call Social Services and put that baby in protective custody! BTW welcome to the chaos... er, forum :) .

evnow said:
ENIAC said:
Wow - the nerve ! Once you pickup your car - be sure to call Nissan and complain.
Oh, I'm not waiting until I pick up my car. I'm contacting Nissan corp first thing in the morning.

TRONZ said:
ENIAC said:
xtremeflyer said:

VIN #224

Wooowgh! That is just wrong! Sounds like its time to call Social Services and put that baby in protective custody! BTW welcome to the chaos... er, forum :) .
LoL, actually I'd be laughing harder if I weren't so upset. I've already chewed the arm rest off my recliner!

Don't worry ENIAC, I called to try to buy it, but I was told it was already sold! :lol:

It only reinforces my previous opinion (based on experience) of car dealers.

ENIAC said:
evnow said:
ENIAC said:
Oh, I'm not waiting until I pick up my car. I'm contacting Nissan corp first thing in the morning.
Is that really your VIN?

I would call Nissan for sure. What miss take is the dealer telling you other then the date you where to get the car is latter then now.

What does your dash say?

KevinH said:
Inventive. Definitely sleazy but also definitely inventive. And dealers wonder why people don't like the buying experience. If you want to look for the silver lining it's a good indication demand remains strong if he managed to get 100 names.

Gonewild said:
Is that really your VIN?

I would call Nissan for sure. What miss take is the dealer telling you other then the date you where to get the car is latter then now.

What does your dash say?
Yes it's my VIN and the description is verbatim, it's my car! My dashboard says week of Jan 13, 2011. I think Connell has delivery issues with my LEAF and one or two others. There is some sort of repair being done on the LEAFs at the port. But I will get to the bottom of this because I'm beginning to think maybe my LEAF was used in a bait and switch scam.

Long4Leaf said:
Don't worry ENIAC, I called to try to buy it, but I was told it was already sold! :lol:

It only reinforces my previous opinion (based on experience) of car dealers.
They better not have sold my car! I know it's not really sold because I haven't bought it yet! When I do get the car, if there have been a bunch of demo miles racked up, there's going to be hell to pay.

Back