The Lighter side - A day on the town with the LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etracing

We took our first trip to several places "throwing caution to the wind" as far as being concerned about having a
backup charging station and went ....everywhere in the Charleston SC area today.

Since the Non EV world is so concerned about Range anxiety, this would hope to prove that it is
range awareness that should always win out.

Bridge%20walk%200611.JPG

We started in Summerville SC and headed to the far side of the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, a 2.5 mile long (575 feet high,
the third longest among cable-stayed bridges in the Western Hemisphere) span that the wife and I wanted to walk all
the way across (and back). 22 miles later we arrived in some great for walking (60 deg clear day) weather.

Bridge%20walk%200021.JPG

An hour or so later we were back to the LEAF for the next step in the fun day.

Bridge%20walk%200471.JPG

We headed to the Pitt Street Bridge in Mt. Pleasant, SC, an old unused bridge that has been turned into a walking park.

Bridge%20walk%200621.JPG

We saw .....

A Wedding,

Bridge%20walk%200861.JPG

some Stingrays....

Bridge%20walk%20103a.JPG

Some dolphins (OK. not THAT dolphin)

Flipper.jpg

and a angry bird (Not THAT game).

Bridge%20walk%201071.JPG

Now it is time or lunch and we are off to West of the Ashley in Charleston for some seafood. (no, not the dolphin!)

red-lobster.jpg

Then to the Hobby Store

Hobby-Town-lg.jpg

and back Home.

Leaf%20and%20bike%20007.JPG

89 miles with room to spare.

A fun time was had by all!

Just personal opinion: I like the "Electric" badge on the rear (I have the same on my car), but the gigantic "Electric" graphic on the sides reminds me of a beer truck and I'm not so fond of that...

lpickup said:
Nice "ELECTRIC" graphics by the way!

lenny said:
etracing said:
A fun time was had by all!
Except for the angry bird and the seafood dinner, I guess :D

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

+1 -- I love Charleston, we took a spring break trip a few years back and can recall that bridge, lots more photo ops downtown as well as the Navy yard / museum. Looks like your LEAF handled everything well but you probably could have done better than Red Lobster for seafood in one of the downtown restaurants IMO. It's a very walkable city tops on my places to visit again; you didn't mention it but did you happen to see any other LEAF's?

The blue looks really nice in that garage.

And I see I'm not the only dork with a "parking ball" :p

Nubo said:

LOL... Well with the cool EV bike right in front of it, I do not want to take any chances. :O

Dorks Rule!

etracing said:
Nubo said:

LOL... Well with the cool EV bike right in front of it, I do not want to take any chances. :O

Dorks Rule!

I also have a tennis ball as a parking guide in the garage. The big difference is that my garage is cluttered.

Great pics and trip.

linkim said:
etracing said:
Nubo said:

Dorks Rule!

I also have a tennis ball as a parking guide in the garage. The big difference is that my garage is cluttered.

Great pics and trip.

Clutter is my reason for precision too.

"Leaf 1 on final; I have the ball"

TomT said:
Just personal opinion: I like the "Electric" badge on the rear (I have the same on my car), but the gigantic "Electric" graphic on the sides reminds me of a beer truck and I'm not so fond of that...

Interesting point.

If I lived in California, (I have been there) the land of a thousand LEAFs, I would 100% agree, but here in South Carolina,
the message of EVs, Solar, Wind power, etc has not really made it. When we did not have the bright shinny decals on the car,
we did not get any questions. Now that we do I have dispelled more myths than I can count. It is not so much we are trying to be
"attention whores", just attempting to educate the public so that they can make smart decisions, whether it is a LEAF or another EV.

I also tell them it is not for everyone, but neither is a GMC Hummer.

:) :)

Back