The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skywagon said:
Just over an hour ago Joanna from Fontana gave me "the call." My LEAF arrived today and had just completed PDI (the tech came in late/special to get it done). I am leaving Phoenix in the morning to take delivery tomorrow! I will be the proud owner of Glacier White SL-e VIN#182!

Jimmydreams, it must have been you saying that earlier today... that I would get "the call" before the day is out... you were right!

I just brought my car home. There is a LOT to learn about it, that's for sure.

Happy to help on that Karma/power-of-suggestive-thinking thing. Congrats!!!!! :lol:

Picked mine up today! Blue SL. VIN # 266.

First one the San Jose dealer had delivered. The sales team was very excited.

The ECO package includes a shiny blue console that is a little gaudy. Otherwise, it is very cool.

awolfe63 said:

The ECO package includes a shiny blue console that is a little gaudy. Otherwise, it is very cool.

Congrats :)

Can you post picture of the eco package? Especially the logo outside the door ?

awolfe63 said:

Congrats! Just brought my number 232 home from Redwood City....3rd one to pick up from Boardwalk.

I'm an official Leaf owner! I got the "call" from Danny this morning at 8 when I was at my hair stylist's. It was a little anticlimatic because I already knew that they got my car in yesterday. Danny was taking a much deserved day off yesterday so he wasn't there to call me and let me know. Danny arranged to have someone drive out to pick me up, which was awesome. As stated on this forum many times, Danny, Joanna and everyone at Fontana Nissan were outstanding. No surprises, no extra charges, just really helpful and down to earth. And I met sparky and skywagon too! (hey, guys!). I was there for about 3 hours. There's a lot to learn! The paperwork took the least amount of time. I live 58 miles from Fontana so I wasn't worried at all about making the drive. Maybe I wasn't worried enough. It was chilly in Fontana, about 50 degrees. This desert girl is a wuss so I had the heat cranking all the way. The heater does take a while to heat up. I stayed in the 60-70mph range for most of the trip. Because I'm a bit of a nervous Nellie when driving any new car, especially this car, I kept my eyes on the road the whole time, never looking at what my range was doing. As I was turning off my exit, just about half a mile from home, I got the "battery low" warning voice and a bunch of warning lights came on. Eeep! But it said I still had about 18 miles to go so I was in the clear and I made a little pitstop to Baja Fresh to grab some dinner. I got a little nervous for a few seconds there though! I was probably nowhere near the super efficient 111-mile trek that Randy and Malcolm made the other day! I rarely drive as much as I did today but I'll definitely pay more attention to my range going forward. And keep the heat down. Ruby's charging up now (yeah I named my Leaf Ruby) and then I'm going to run a couple very local errands. It's been a really long day and I'm so happy to have my Leaf! Hope the wait goes by fast for the rest of you who are still waiting for "the call"!

Congrats, Mallyory. I am jealous but happy for you. :mrgreen: Looking forward to riding shotgun in your LEAF down to the Cerritos meetup Jan. 22.

Thanks, everyone! Hang in there, guys! It'll go by fast and then before you know it, you'll have your Leafs and the rest of the world will have to wait to get in line. Kathy, see you on the 22nd!

malloryk said:
Thanks, everyone! Hang in there, guys! It'll go by fast and then before you know it, you'll have your Leafs and the rest of the world will have to wait to get in line. Kathy, see you on the 22nd!

Hey Mal, very happy for you. Congratulations. Can't wait to meet Ruby in person. See you on the 22nd.

Congratulations Mallory!

Do we know if you are the official first female Leaf owner in the world (or at least the first female Leaf picker-upper as I suppose one could ague Ca. is a 50/50 ownership state)?

malloryk said:
As I was turning off my exit, just about half a mile from home, I got the "battery low" warning voice and a bunch of warning lights came on. Eeep! But it said I still had about 18 miles to go so I was in the clear and I made a little pitstop to Baja Fresh to grab some dinner.
Congrats.

58+18=76. Hmmm ... did they have it fully charged ? What did it show when you started ?

So, high heat and highway driving still beats EPA estimates.

Hey Mallory, it was great meeting you.

What can I say about Joanna and Danny at Fontana that is not excellent. After realizing that I could not pick it up with my flatbed there without paying CA sales tax (wanted the taxes to go to my state) Fontana contracted room on a car transporter and my car will be in Phoenix at around 3am. Yeah, I'm excited and the car is amazing!!!! I will take time to write more later but I need to get some sleep (if that is possible) so I am ready when the delivery guy calls as he is hitting the Phoenix area.

It is really nice (and a big relief, really) to see that everyone is getting good service from Nissan dealers.

evnow said:
malloryk said:
As I was turning off my exit, just about half a mile from home, I got the "battery low" warning voice and a bunch of warning lights came on. Eeep! But it said I still had about 18 miles to go so I was in the clear and I made a little pitstop to Baja Fresh to grab some dinner.
Congrats.

58+18=76. Hmmm ... did they have it fully charged ? What did it show when you started ?

So, high heat and highway driving still beats EPA estimates.

Yes, it was charged to 80 percent. I really did just drive it the way I normally do. ;)

LakeLeaf said:
Congratulations Mallory!

Do we know if you are the official first female Leaf owner in the world (or at least the first female Leaf picker-upper as I suppose one could ague Ca. is a 50/50 ownership state)?

Well, the guy from Fontana who came to pick me up this morning was telling me about his girlfriend who picked up her Leaf last week! However, her dad bought the car for her for her birthday. She only found out she was getting it last month and she didn't even know what it was! But I don't know if I'm the first female to actually pay for it and pick it up (I'm a single lady, no sugar daddy for me ;) )

Back