The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up leaf March 3 great for a week. Towed 3 times back to dealer the next week. 3rd week spent in shop to figure out if something is wrong with it. Now in week 4 of ownership. Havent seen the car for 2 of those weeks and Nissan and the dealer are non responsive. Just saying sometimes the "free" car in Georgia might not be what it is cracked up to be.

Picked up my 2014 Leaf SL with the Quick Charge included - leased it for 2 years/12K miles per year.

Been driving it to and from work for almost two weeks now (54 miles round trip) and it has been everything I hoped for!

The deal I got here in GA was no tax, no title, just $269 a month and a $395 disposition fee at the end of the lease. That is a total outlay of $6851 and with the $5000 tax credit that comes out to driving costing me $77 a month (plus any mileage overages).

Considering I was driving a Nissan Frontier and spending $200-250 a month in gas before (still have the truck as I need it to tow a boat) I am not really "driving free" - I am getting paid to drive!! :D

Pulled the trigger on a 2013 Blue ocean, grey interior SV lease today. Will arrive Friday evening and will be delivered to wife Sat. to IndianLand ( fortmill ) SC :)
Update: Leaf at the house. Like it a lot. Lots to learn ! Ordered charger but it won't arrive till mid April. The trickle charger is just that ... a trickle. Next step is to get my work location to put in a charger :cool:

Dooglas said:
DrivingFree said:
.......and with the $5000 tax credit that comes out to driving costing me $77 a month.
Why didn't you get a $7,500 tax credit like the rest of us?

I think he's talking about the $5K Georgia state tax credit -- on top of the $7.5K Federal tax credit.

j.

Leveraged the Georgia Deal. (Im the third leaf owner in a neighborhood of 30 houses)
2014 SL with 360 degree camera.
$3500 down and $210/month. 2 year lease 12,000 miles

Ok I've had my leaf for close to two months. So far it's great. I have had no mechanical or driving related problems. Just enjoying the fun in driving a unique vehicle. Range if you keep your foot out of it is 85 plus miles till low battery warning. Will write posts once in awhile about performance.

I've had my leaf for three weeks now. Leased a 2014 SL with premium pkg for $347/ month and 0 down. I never drive more than 45 miles a day, so it's perfect. Using the trickle charger it came with and have never had mileage anxiety. Just plug it in to an outdoor outlet when I get home.

Some observations: It drives and handles beautifully. The interior is plush and attractive and roomy. The audio system is good, mine is the Bose energy saver with subwoofer built in. The navigation system is a waste, hard to read, and hard to use, especially when you go 15 miles from PA to NJ and need to change areas of the country in a search. I just use my google map application on my smart phone if I need it and it plays through the Bluetooth which works very well. Plus, there are tons of smartphone applications that can find charging stations for you if you are in a pinch.

One thing noted is that the remaining mileage on the dash is usually over estimated. Maybe if I drove like a grandmother, then I might get that mileage. But, if you drive like a normal person and enjoy a little pick up here and there and go 60 on average on highways, then expect to run off 30 miles for every 20 that you drive on highways and 20% above estimate for city driving. This is without climate control on, and these results are with car wings telling me that my miles per kw hour is good (4.2 per).

All in all, I love it and it is fun to use.

After a few false starts with my local dealer in trying to allocate a new Leaf (they have sold just one in three years, specially ordered by the owner) I sourced a like-new 2011 from Georgia. 24,000 miles, previously owned by Nissan and titled in Smyrna, TN.

The excellent rebates on new Leafs in Georgia made for what I consider to be an excellent deal on a used one - $14,900, well under book value. Car has all bars and hardly shows any wear.

Charging infrastructure is non-existent in Kentucky, even less so in my part of the Commonwealth. Everywhere I go, people want to know more about the car, so interest is there, especially given that my region is saddled with some of the highest gas prices in the state. Hoping to help start a revolution of sorts around here.

Hi all,

Long time reader, first post..... I have a quote from a dealer here in Florida on a 2014 S (no quick charge - but they don't currently exist in our area yet). $258/mo $0 down 3/36k. First payment due at signing. What are your thoughts?

jdstoddard said:
Hi all,

Long time reader, first post..... I have a quote from a dealer here in Florida on a 2014 S (no quick charge - but they don't currently exist in our area yet). $258/mo $0 down 3/36k. First payment due at signing. What are your thoughts?
HIGH :eek:
Some have gotten $199/mo. My neighbor got a 2013 SL for $239/mo. near the end of the 2013 model year. Shop around, compare / compete multiple dealers.
I saved $800 when I bought in 2011 by using a dealer 162 miles away that delivered the LEAF to my driveway on a trailer :D

Other quotes I got were in the $350's even for 2013 SL's. This was the lowest I was able to get. I went about 100 miles out. I'm torn between leasing this and purchasing a used Prius.

TimLee said:
jdstoddard said:
Hi all,

HIGH :eek:
Some have gotten $199/mo. My neighbor got a 2013 SL for $239/mo. near the end of the 2013 model year. Shop around, compare / compete multiple dealers.
I saved $800 when I bought in 2011 by using a dealer 162 miles away that delivered the LEAF to my driveway on a trailer :D

First post, long time reader (few years). We got our Leaf - a 2011 bought with 900 km (dealer demo) three weeks ago.
Leaf SV, 2011, currently 1900 km. Not a single trip to the gas station since - I have a secondary Lexus IS 250.
Installed a Level 2 Clipper Creek HCS 40 after reading the reviews here.

So far we're happy, just wish that the estimated range on the car would be more realistic and less hopeful :)

Blue Leaf in Markham Ontario

I got my Leaf!

I just picked her up on Easter Sunday evening. I got a S with QC in white. I put down 2,500 and my lease payments are just under $250 with Los Angeles County tax and VPP level D.

I've already gotten a ton of questions about the car, some of which I don't know the answers to. Like what's the top speed? Well, so far 70 mph. Who knows how much faster it can go? I love it. I'll take my first extended trip on Saturday, to Northern San Diego County. Driving feels like an adventure now. :)

Got my Leaf!

Ended up getting a black 2013 SL for $315/mo, 24 mos, zero down, zero out the door. Feel like I might've paid more than I would've liked. Let me know if you think i got hosed/got a good deal or somewhere in between.

Overall though, I'm happy. The moment of truth was getting it home and plugging it in...and it worked! There was still a small part of me that doubted it would actually just plug in and charge. look forward to learning more and connecting with other LEAFers.

Cheers.

UPDATE: by the way, just realized that today was Earth Day! Didn't realize it earlier, but I guess buying a Leaf is about as good a thing to do on Earth Day as any. :)

Just picked up my Leaf SV gun metallic grey. Looks very nice but does not make a bold statement. Just like I prefer. I visit parents and families and want to make a nice but conservative statement.
Most people don't even notice it though. I suppose here in Montreal they just think "car". It's like those people to whom every thing that flies is just a "bird". I try to describe the difference between a cardinal, starling, robin or sea gull, and they just don't get it.
Oh well...

Not new to forums, but new to this one!

Picked up our 2014 SV (nothing added except floor mats) this past weekend in San Diego. Paid $32,750 with $2,500 down to get into a 3/36 lease at $265 per month (including tax). I shopped this around to a few places, and this seemed in line with other offers in San Diego and OC. Maybe I could have tried to wrangle them down, but I had the disadvantage of a very excited wife hopping up and down in her chair. :lol:

So far so good. Last month we installed a 6.3kW AC solar system that, as you expect in San Diego, is producing wonderfully. My normal daily power usage was about 25kWh per day, and yesterday I produced nearly double that. More than enough to charge the Leaf on most days. After calculating our gas savings, this is basically a free car for us, and so far we couldn't be happier.

I look forward to participating more in these forums as a new Leaf owner.

2014 Leaf SL with the premium pkg (Bose and Around view Monitor) Gun Metallic and Black Leather.
The car listed for $37,000 and I paid just over $34,000 out the door. Nissan Extended warranty purchased on line for $1,200. The tax credits for federal and state made this choice easy. It is paid for and sitting in my carport. If I want, I can drive the car for the entire 8 years of my warranty and it will cost me $300.00 per month over the life of the car if I give it away and don't sell it.

I am a very happy new Leaf owner.

I got my 2014 (Blue Ocean) Leaf S with charger package and floor mats last friday (4/25/14) here in Los Angeles.

Total Cost (including sales tax, fees and $2500 Nissan Cash Back): $28,869.37
Afte $2500 CA rebate in September, and $7500 fed credit next year . . . net cost will be: $18,869.37

Drove it to Expo park and charged for free while we went to the museum! Drove to work this morning (from the Valley to Santa Monica), and my guess-o-meter estimated more range after arrival than it did before I left! (started 88 miles, ended 92 miles)! Guess it's because I was mainly coasting down the hill.

I figure my yearly fuel costs will go from $1500 (with the 30 mpg car this Leaf is replacing) to ~$500, saving $1000/year. BUT! that's assuming I'm the one paying for the electricity! In actuality, my employer offers free charging, so I'll only really pay for the cost of half my commute! (drive from home to work, charge back up for free, drive from work to home, pay to charge back up). So, with a real savings of closer to $1250, I have no worries about one day maybe needing to use Nissan's $1200 per year battery replacement program. It'd still be cheaper than driving the gas car.

Back