Thousand Oaks Nissan is closed *can't charge there anymore*

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyZEVer

I recently planned a trip out to a destination near Thousand Oaks and was planning on charging at the Nissan there. It was listed on my Leaf GPS as a charging station.

Unfortunately, the whole dealership appears to have just gone out of business. When I arrived, it looked pretty much deserted. There are chargers visible but they're not live. Some web searching later revealed it went out of business last week or so. Thankfully, I had enough juice to make it to another charger but it was not a fun surprise.

Does anyone know the best way to alert Nissan so it can be updated in the in-car directory?

You might want to call Nissan's EV customer service line at 1-877-NO-GAS-EV and let them know.

Also, this is one reason why I don't rely on the charging location database that comes with CarWings; it's very outdated.

I use PlugShare instead. It doesn't even show T.O. Nissan at all; I don't know how long it's been gone. PlugShare could have also told you that there were numerous J1772's nearby including at Rusnak BMW down the street, "The Boatworks" across the freeway, at T.O. City Hall, and at the T.O. Transportation Center at the 101/23 junction where there is also a Quick Charge unit.

When I stopped by Thousand Oaks Nissan last May for some charge, they were open, but the showroom was dead, no activity, and the managers were not friendly. Just a few hours earlier the same day, I had found sales activities booming at Glendale Nissan, and a salesman talking up the Leaf to an interested customer at Simi Valley Nissan.

This past Friday and Sunday I used the Blink QC at the Thousand Oaks Transit Center. Well worth the 5$ fee, and the lobby has a good restroom open M-S until 8:15 pm. Much better than L2 at Thousand Oaks Nissan.

Back