Three days old Tekna 40 with stuck window :(

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robarino

I just picked my car up Friday (Sweden) and the passenger window is stuck 3 days later. It goes up 1/10 the way and then no more. I was able to help it up to close but I am really annoyed.

Otherwise the experience in the Leaf has been surreal, otherworldly and religious like :). I haven’t had a car make me this happy in like, forever. Been driving around with a smile all day. I get up early to go to the dump with one item just to drive....I mean even dump trips are fun.

Just not impressed with this though...

It’s been between 5 and 10 degrees Celsius. Dealer has been great and emailed me 1 minute after I emailed him. Still very weird I must say.

It the OPs sig is correct and they indeed have a '19 I'd immediately bring it back to the dealer, I'd suspect something was assembled wrong. As Leftie said power windows don't seem to be a common failure on Leafs, it sounds more like a fluke. Note when it gets cold(<0c, particularly -10c) the power windows on my '12 get REAL slow, like 30 seconds to go from down to up. I haven't really seen other reports of this and my '13 while it gets slower is nothing like the '12. One could just say don't roll down the window when it gets that cold but it's not that easy, pretty hard to get the mail or occasional drive-thru food when you can't roll down the widow :( and in MN it's below -10F for basically 3 months so it's going to be a long winter unless I can figure something out. It makes me long for the old days with manual crank windows, for sure on the driver's side, electric windows are nice for the other doors as it was always hard to reach over and roll down other windows from the driver's seat. I also liked manual windows for the ability to operate the windows when the car was off, with electric windows, other than my first car with electric windows, a '86 Fiat X-19, I rewired the windows to operate all the time. My '94 Geo Metro was probably one of the last American sold vehicles to have crank windows and I didn't bother requiring our Prius or Leaf windows to operate all the time, kinda done rewiring or modifying my new cars.

Power window maintenance has come up several times in Scotty Kilmer's car-repair videos, with his usual recommendation being to lube the window slides a couple times a year with WD-40 Silicone spray. Haven't tried it myself, but it seems plausible. Here's a link to a recent example of his advice.

Levenkay said:
Power window maintenance has come up several times in Scotty Kilmer's car-repair videos, with his usual recommendation being to lube the window slides a couple times a year with WD-40 Silicone spray. Haven't tried it myself, but it seems plausible. Here's a link to a recent example of his advice.

Just don't use regular, non-silicone WD-40, as that is a solvent that will eat rubber.

Back