Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the LUNA SPIRIT, last port Oppama on 3/10. Now heading directly to Los Angeles ETA 3/24/11.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=372610000

Also the BERGOMAT ACE is now approaching LA. lets see if some dashboards come to life in the next day or 2.

MaryC said:
How about the LUNA SPIRIT, last port Oppama on 3/10. Now heading directly to Los Angeles ETA 3/24/11.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=372610000

Also the BERGOMAT ACE is now approaching LA. lets see if some dashboards come to life in the next day or 2.

Looks like the Luna Spirit and Andromeda Spirit might both be hitting Long Beach in the same week. Could be quite a few Leafs between the two.

Bergomat Ace, unfortunatley, does not appear to be a Nissan carrier (http://www.nissancarrier.co.jp/en/ship_02.html)

Luna Spirit definitely fits the description of leaving port on 3/10. It is headed directly to Long Beach. Interestingly - last time it left Japan it visited Vancouver before visiting Long Beach.

I updated my earlier post to include Luna Spirit. Below are Nissan ships known to visit Yokohama and Long Beach. All seem to visit Vancouver/Tacoma as well.

Andromeda Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/18 - Dest: Vancouver eta 3/19 - Last: Yokohama
Luna Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/19 - Dest: Long Beach eta 3/24 - Last: Yokohama
Hoegh Inchon - Last in Long Beach: 3/6 - Dest: Kimitsu, Chiba, JP eta 3/23 - Last: Tacoma, WA
United Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 3/13 - Dest: Vancouver eta 3/16 - Last: Long Beach

Questions remain: Did United Spirit have any Leafs? Does Andromeda Spirit also have Leafs?

smkettner said:
I heard about third hand that ships from Japan are not being unloaded as the Feds have stopped everything.
Can anyone confirm? I have no other details.

for what possible reason if they left BEFORE the nuke event?

smkettner said:
I heard about third hand that ships from Japan are not being unloaded as the Feds have stopped everything.
Can anyone confirm? I have no other details.

That does not make any sense, that would be like adding insult to a injury. But then again we are talking about Feds. ;)

Spoke to Nissan via chat this morning and they said if I have a month of April delivery my car has already been built and has probably already left Japan.

Why can't they know for sure?

cdub said:
Spoke to Nissan via chat this morning and they said if I have a month of April delivery my car has already been built and has probably already left Japan.

Live chat is completely useless, you can get same answers from a magic 8-ball :!:

pksd1 said:
cdub said:

Live chat is completely useless, you can get same answers from a magic 8-ball :!:

I've come to realize this yes.

Why can't we track the cars? They must know!

pksd1 said:
cdub said:

+1 - chatted today with "Meg" and no good information at all (with current "May" delivery she left me with distinct impression, but not confirmation, that my car was likely not yet through production).

Perhaps Nissan USA does not get a list of what VINs are on a ship until they make that list here ... as the cars are being unloaded?

One would think that Nissan Japan would have a list of the vehicles in their "parking" area, and of those being loaded onto any given ship. Possibly the cars are just parked and arranged in Japan so that the first loaded will be for the last Port of Call?

But, maybe they do not share that list with Nissan USA?

Maybe there is difficulty matching the VINs with the intended dealers and customers?

Maybe the VIN is only matched with a dealer-order number when it arrives in port in the USA?

In any case, it seems strange that BOTH sides of the Big Pond do not have a VIN-Locator system that can locate any car "instantly", AND hands off the cars to the intended Country.

Is there a convenient external barcode (or patch) on each car to scan as they are produced, parked, moved, loaded, shipped, unloaded, etc.?

If not, there SHOULD be, and it would be relatively easy to make such an application, perhaps for the iPhone!

garygid said:
In any case, it seems strange that BOTH sides of the Big Pond do not have a VIN-Locator system that can locate any car "instantly", AND hands off the cars to the intended Country.
Don't kid yourself. Nissan has all the info. Nissan knows exactly where every car is. They are just not sharing.
No car will arrive faster for the consumer knowing where it is.

smkettner said:
garygid said:
Don't kid yourself. Nissan has all the info. Nissan knows exactly where every car is. They are just not sharing.
No car will arrive faster for the consumer knowing where it is.

I absolutely concur that Nissan has such information, but for whatever reason is not sharing. And while car will not arrive any faster, it sure would be nice to know whether it has been built and/or is on its way. Being evasive only seems to add to overall level of frustration.

When you order a $10 toaster from Amazon, they know exactly where it is and they share that info with you. Of course Nissan knows where every $30,000 car is. They just choose not to share that info with the customers or the dealers or their online customer service reps.

pksd1 said:
When you order a $10 toaster from Amazon, they know exactly where it is and they share that info with you. Of course Nissan knows where every $30,000 car is. They just choose not to share that info with the customers or the dealers or their online customer service reps.

I guess it's a security thing. With the proliferation of pirates hijacking ships nowadays it's probably just as well that high value cargo isn't advertised for all and sundry.

LeafTalk said:
pksd1 said:

I guess it's a security thing. With the proliferation of pirates hijacking ships nowadays it's probably just as well that high value cargo isn't advertised for all and sundry.

Are you kidding me? Hopefully you just forgot to add the ;) . Since we can all figure out what ships Nissan uses to ship cars, one would have to imagine that "pirates" could, too.

Beachcliffs said:
Are you kidding me? Hopefully you just forgot to add the ;) . Since we can all figure out what ships Nissan uses to ship cars, one would have to imagine that "pirates" could, too.
+1. The only modern, organized piracy of large ships has taken place in the Gulf of Aden, the Straits of Malacca, the South China Sea, and the Niger Delta. The route across the Pacific from Japan to NA is and has been untroubled by such incidents.

TT

Nissan USA system (i.e. the Leaf website, Leaf CSR system) is not integrated with Japanese manufacturing system. Anyone who has worked in large corporations know what I'm saying ...

Back