Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
Nissan USA system (i.e. the Leaf website, Leaf CSR system) is not integrated with Japanese manufacturing system. Anyone who has worked in large corporations know what I'm saying ...

And we all know that Nissan's contractors - whether they are answering the telephone or designing web sites that ship you the wrong shirt 100% of the time - are extremely not well integrated with anything Nissan.

Looks like my earlier hypothesis was correct and the United Spirit dropped off a large number of Leafs when it as in Long Beach a week ago as we are getting reports in the April deliveries thread of Carwings opening up. VINs are in the 1700s (compared to 1100 before) so I'd bet that the United Spirit dropped off ~600 Leafs and the Luna Spirit will drop off another ~600 - unless there was another Nissan ship in port in the last week that I'm not aware of.

Will the Andromeda Spirit also drop off more Leafs after stopping in Canada?

MaryC noted that the Bergamot Ace was at Long Beach yesterday. It left before midnight local time and there were reports of Carwings opening up shortly after that - so I think I was mistaken in thinking the cars were on the United Spirit. MaryC appears to be much better than me at watching Nissan's Long Beach Port. :)

New list of boats to watch:

Luna Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/19 - Dest: Long Beach eta 3/24 - Last: Yokohama
Andromeda Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/18 - Dest: Vancouver eta 3/19 - Last: Yokohama
Bergamot Ace - Last in Long Beach: 3/17 - Dest: Yokohama - Last: Long Beach
Hoegh Inchon - Last in Long Beach: 3/6 - Dest: Kimitsu, Chiba, JP - Last: Tacoma, WA
United Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 3/13 - Dest: Vancouver - Last: Long Beach
City of Oslo - Appears to be inactive over the past 60+ days

smkettner said:
Well there are a lot of september orders that did not open up.
I have to wonder just how many Leafs were on the last boat as there haven't been that many reports of Carwings opening up - certainly not the numbers that were reported on the 9th or so when dozens of people reported it. That was 3 days after the Hoegh Inchon left Long Beach. So perhaps given that today is 4 days after United Spirit left Long Beach perhaps these most recent cars were on it.

In which case, if Bergamot Ace had Leafs on it we might see Carwings open up on the 20th. If we do, then we'll know there's a 3-4 delay between docking and Carwings...

Has anyone else done any linking of ship docking to Carwings openings? It's time consuming to go back through the threads to try to draw correlations...

I thought there was a ship that landed today or yesterday that would account for todays CW activity.
I assume it was Bergamot Ace that just left on the 16th that had today's activity.

smkettner said:
I thought there was a ship that landed today or yesterday that would account for todays CW activity.
I assume it was Bergamot Ace that just left on the 16th that had today's activity.
You should read my previous post a bit more closely. ;)

In my case, it opened 6 days after the ship that I now know carried my Leaf arrived in LB.

drees said:
Has anyone else done any linking of ship docking to Carwings openings? It's time consuming to go back through the threads to try to draw correlations...

mogur said:
In my case, it opened 6 days after the ship that I now know carried my Leaf arrived in LB.
Do you when your dashboard changed to "Week of" from "Month of" as well?

1051 said:
Is the Andromeda Spirit due in Long Beach around March 28?

Mary and Drees track this stuff better than me. But, it looks like it could be as soon as the 24th or 25th depending on how long Andromeda stays in Vancouver and if there are any other ports of call along the way (Seattle or Tacoma for instance).

If I am right and there are Leafs on board both Andromeda and Luna, then there should be a pant load of Dashboard activity the last week of March. I think Drees speculated as much earlier in this thread.

Beachcliffs said:
1051 said:
Is the Andromeda Spirit due in Long Beach around March 28?
But, it looks like it could be as soon as the 24th or 25th depending on how long Andromeda stays in Vancouver and if there are any other ports of call along the way (Seattle or Tacoma for instance).
Based on the last trip, that would be my estimate, too.

A bit worrisome that the last report from Luna Spirit happened the day of the quake, as it was leaving Yokohama, just a few hours before.

I got an email from Nissan today. Saying, in part:

"David, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. We wanted to take a moment to let you know that your Nissan LEAF™ left Japan before the earthquake and tsunami occurred, and even with all that's going on, it is on its way and should arrive on schedule."

I have no idea what ship they are talking about, and it's not something I pay much attention to, but I thought you guys might be interested. I currently am looking at a delivery date during the week of April 11th. Northern Calif.

DaveNagy said:
I got an email from Nissan today. Saying, in part:

"David, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. We wanted to take a moment to let you know that your Nissan LEAF™ left Japan before the earthquake and tsunami occurred, and even with all that's going on, it is on its way and should arrive on schedule."

I have no idea what ship they are talking about, and it's not something I pay much attention to, but I thought you guys might be interested. I currently am looking at a delivery date during the week of April 11th. Northern Calif.

I on the other had got this email few hours ago.

"xxxxxx, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. As a result of those events, there will be some fluctuation in the estimated delivery date of your Nissan LEAF™ while we evaluate the impact of the earthquake and prepare to resume shipping. We will refresh your "my account" page with updates on your vehicle's delivery schedule as they become available."

Does not give me warm and fuzzy feeling inside. :cry:

Back