Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5-14-2010 Original reservation
6-30-2010 Later this summer update
7-27-2010 Orders begin Dec. 2010 in my area update
12-10-2010 Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011 update
12-11-2010 Reservation cancelled - Alabama dropped
3-25-2011 Nissan drive electric tour, Franklin, TN
8-25-2011 Reservation #2
8-27-2011 Ordered
11-9-2011 CarWings invite VIN 159XX
Estimated delivery changed yesterday from week of Dec. 2 to Dec. 10
Birmingham, AL

Does anyone know what port or ship supplies AL?

Barbouri

relytgerg said:
The Hoegh Trident is headed into Newark (New York) harbor. Check your accounts for changes soon Northeasterners.
After sitting outside the harbor for days, she's finally docked at the Newark (FAPS) docks. Now, maybe some Leafs are being unloaded.

Barbouri said:
5-14-2010 Original reservation
6-30-2010 Later this summer update
7-27-2010 Orders begin Dec. 2010 in my area update
12-10-2010 Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011 update
12-11-2010 Reservation cancelled - Alabama dropped
3-25-2011 Nissan drive electric tour, Franklin, TN
8-25-2011 Reservation #2
8-27-2011 Ordered
11-9-2011 CarWings invite VIN 159XX
Estimated delivery changed yesterday from week of Dec. 2 to Dec. 10
Birmingham, AL

Does anyone know what port or ship supplies AL?

Barbouri

Could be Jacksonville or Galvaston, Tx. Hoegh Trident dropped off already at both ports, Vehicals go thru inspections, options put on, then shipping to dealers. Appears to be some issues with shipping due Thanksgiving is way some deliveries have moved up one week.

relytgerg said:
tidalsearch said:
My 2012 SL was delivered on Nov. 15 and I picked it up yesterday. Sticker says "Final Assembly Point: Norfolk".
When did Carwings go live for you? This will give us an idea of delivery time frame after unloading for the east coast and maybe let us identify which ship yours came in on.

Thanks.

My Carwings went live on October 2. Let me know if this helps.

tidalsearch said:
relytgerg said:
tidalsearch said:
My 2012 SL was delivered on Nov. 15 and I picked it up yesterday. Sticker says "Final Assembly Point: Norfolk".
When did Carwings go live for you? This will give us an idea of delivery time frame after unloading for the east coast and maybe let us identify which ship yours came in on.

Thanks.

My Carwings went live on October 2. Let me know if this helps.
My best guess is that it would have been on the Hoegh Delhi which loaded at Oppama on September 20th and unloaded in Norfolk on October 24th, but it's just a guess.

If correct, CS gave you carwings and a vin while the Leaf was at sea. They've reported doing this, and the delivery time frame - October 24rh unloading to November 15th delivery - is within the range most are experiencing.

So for me, this translates to: Most east coasters should expect their Leaf to arrive on a ship that leaves Oppama about two months before arrival.

It seems to be the case that we have received our VIN about two days after the carrier ship has left the last port in Japan; the transoceanic trip takes about one month to JAX and from there, about 10 to 14 days for paperwork, accessories, systems check, ground transport and delivery to dealership.

There are 3 ships carrying cars that are due to dock at JAX today and tomorrow, of those, the Shanghai Highway and the Eternal Ace came from Yokohama (although it seems not to have docked at the Oppama plant).

That is interesting as my delivery date is week of December 16. I still don't have Carwings or a VIN and CS knows nothing.

I think the demo cars for the NY-area dealers will be on this ship. According to CS (as if they're ever right), the cars have been allocated and should be at the dealerships on/around December 1.

amtoro said:
It seems to be the case that we have received our VIN about two days after the carrier ship has left the last port in Japan; the transoceanic trip takes about one month to JAX and from there, about 10 to 14 days for paperwork, accessories, systems check, ground transport and delivery to dealership.

There are 3 ships carrying cars that are due to dock at JAX today and tomorrow, of those, the Shanghai Highway and the Eternal Ace came from Yokohama (although it seems not to have docked at the Oppama plant).
Actually, the Eternal Ace did dock at the Opama plant and left on 10/25 according to http://www.port.city.yokohama.jp/APP/Pves0090EntSche?hid_sessionid=&hid_gamenid=Jyoho09&hid_userid=&hid_dspflg=&cbo_movement=O&txt_etay=2011&txt_etam=10&txt_etad=25&txt_callsign=3EXL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I'm not sure about the Shanghai Highway. From what I can find so far, that seems to be coming from Germany.

It is good to know that the Eternal Ace did dock at Oppama; I checked sailwx.info and there is where I saw the Shanghai coming from Japan via the California coast. :|

So it seems that we will have LEAF's being unloaded tomorrow at JAX... :mrgreen:

NYLEAF said:
I think the demo cars for the NY-area dealers will be on this ship. According to CS (as if they're ever right), the cars have been allocated and should be at the dealerships on/around December 1.

Nevermind! I just got a call from my dealer here on Long Island and they just got their Demo leaf in this morning! Going for a test drive tomorrow.

amtoro said:
It is good to know that the Eternal Ace did dock at Oppama; I checked sailwx.info and there is where I saw the Shanghai coming from Japan via the California coast. :|

So it seems that we will have LEAF's being unloaded tomorrow at JAX... :mrgreen:
I also verified the Shanghai Highway left the Yokohama port on October 28th: http://www.port.city.yokohama.jp/APP/Pves0090EntSche?hid_sessionid=&hid_gamenid=Jyoho09&hid_userid=&hid_dspflg=&cbo_movement=O&txt_etay=2011&txt_etam=10&txt_etad=28&txt_callsign=3ECE2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if it visited the Opama docks, though. It might have, but I can't be sure from this link.

Brightonuk said:
I do have a vessel number, but not a name if that would help Steve.
Steve Webb: Yes thanks
Jesse: The vessel number is: E85Y

So any one know what ship E85Y relates to?
It looks like a callsign, but it also looks incomplete or partial. I'm going to search some more, but so far I can't find it.

That does look a bit like a "vessel call sign", but if you do a search for that call sign here:

http://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXSearch.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there's no match.

Put in LAKP7 for a vessel call sign and you'll get the Hoegh Trident.

relytgerg said:
Brightonuk said:
I do have a vessel number, but not a name if that would help Steve.
Steve Webb: Yes thanks
Jesse: The vessel number is: E85Y

So any one know what ship E85Y relates to?
It looks like a callsign, but it also looks incomplete or partial. I'm going to search some more, but so far I can't find it.
No luck. Ships usually have a callsign an IMO number and an MMSI number. The last two are much longer. The "number" you gave does not come up in any callsign database I can find. It may be an internal number used by Nissan but not published elsewhere. Without more detail I can't tell what it is.

Gonna get back to the all knowing CS and see if they can offer a little more info as my delivery date is Dec 10 I know there are a few others that will be on this ship.

Ya gotta laugh :lol:

Na you gotta weep CS are usless but we all know that right she said try to contact your dealer.

I think it is a test that the goverment are conducting to see how many years they can take off your life through stress.

No company can be this incompetent…………………………… can they?

Here's an interesting suggestion I found (especially for those whose delivery dates just went back to "Pending"):

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3049&start=70#p76964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably won't tell you what ship they came in on, but it might indicate if the car is stuck at port for some reason.

Brightonuk said:
Gonna get back to the all knowing CS and see if they can offer a little more info as my delivery date is Dec 10 I know there are a few others that will be on this ship.

Ya gotta laugh :lol:

I would think your Nissan dealer might have a better idea if this was on his "drop list". I had a chat with my local dealer on Saturday. (see my earlier post http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&start=630#p152078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) He said he had two LEAFs set to be delivered early in December (I am guessing week of Dec 5). He said they are on his "drop list" and that is usually pretty close to being accurate.

Back