Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one of our members has access to the U.S. Customs Service Automated Manifest System (AMS) at the port of Long Beach which gives customs brokers and consignees rapid, secure clearance for delivery of their cargo. The Automated Voice Response System lets shippers and consignees keep track of cargo availability around the clock.

wxxyz - can I use your server to hack into this gov't system? We'd have the complete scoop on cargo deliveries with a little glimpse into this system!

Where in Japan port Yokohama do they load cars. I want to keep an eye on the next ship coming in the trip is about 12 day so that would be first week of January.

I'll head back down to port today and stick around for a couple of hours this time - I'm not working and the nasty weather has finally pulled out. Anyone local who wants to join me, it's that same location I posted in another thread - at the end of Shore Rd, which you find by taking South Henry Ford (by the side of the Terminal Island Fwy) to Anchorage and following the road round. I'll be there from ~11am-1pm.

holiday_harbor.jpg

Mwalsh, do you bring binoculars with you and a camera? Let us know if you see any movement down there on the dock. I would think our dashboards would update in the next few days as an early Christmas gift!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=35.312761,+139.648268&daddr=35.315720,+139.651036&geocode=&hl=en&mra=ls&ttype=dep&date=12%2F23%2F10&time=7:49am&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=time&sll=35.317874,139.646466&sspn=0.012361,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=35.313637,139.650478&spn=0.012362,0.01929&t=h&z=16&start=0

I believe this is it.

Timaz said:
Mwalsh, do you bring binoculars with you and a camera? Let us know if you see any movement down there on the dock. I would think our dashboards would update in the next few days as an early Christmas gift!

Yes, I have a small pair of "sport" binoculars and, of course, my digital camera with optical/digital zoom. I may take a tripod with me today, so that I can get steadier zoom shots with the camera.

mwalsh said:
Timaz said:

Yes, I have a small pair of "sport" binoculars and, of course, my digital camera with optical/digital zoom. I may take a tripod with me today, so that I can get steadier zoom shots with the camera.

That is an impressive set-up. Good luck!

I have found 2 more car ships in Yokohama port.

Green Dale with a USA flag

Morning Ninn with a Singapore flag

I think they use Singapore flagged ship?

morningninni390067.jpg

LOL I'd join you today if I could Mike! I do have to work plus I sold my car last night so have no real way to get down there. Good luck on the reconnaissance mission!

Gonewild said:
I have found 2 more car ships in Yokohama port.

Green Dale with a USA flag

Morning Ninn with a Singapore flag

I think they use Singapore flagged ship?

morningninni390067.jpg
The Ship has set sail if it had sails. Any way it moving out of dock at 8 knots

Is Yokohama port a Nissan port or all car makers?

I could be wrong again. PLEASE don't tell my wife. The Morning Ninni has a destination Kobe Japan.

I can't believe you guys aren't taking your laptop, tethered to your smartphone and doing a live webcam coverage of this historic event :eek:

evnow said:
I can't believe you guys aren't taking your laptop, tethered to your smartphone and doing a live webcam coverage of this historic event :eek:

LOL! now that might be getting too carried away....then again, umm what time does the broadcast begin?

Back