Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
Ship alert.
I see the HOEGH INCHON that left Los Angels did not go back to Japan. It is going north up the west coast of the USA. As we thought cars will be trucked or railed to WA maybe the ship is going there I will be watching. :mrgreen:

Maybe they processed the cars in LA and put them back on the ship for transport north. Probably more efficient then sending them by rail or truck since the ship was already going that way.

MaryC said:
Gonewild said:
Ship alert.
I see the HOEGH INCHON that left Los Angels did not go back to Japan. It is going north up the west coast of the USA. As we thought cars will be trucked or railed to WA maybe the ship is going there I will be watching. :mrgreen:

Maybe they processed the cars in LA and put them back on the ship for transport north. Probably more efficient then sending them by rail or truck since the ship was already going that way.

It does sound like there is a currently a single prep team - located in Long Beach - which is doing whatever has to be done to all of the incoming Leafs.

Wonder as the rate of deliveries increases if there will be additional prep teams at other ports, or they will continue to route everything through Long Beach.

After Q1 2011, and Nissan's confidence in the off-the-line quality is much higher, and the software works better, the "super-inspections" and pre-configurations are likely to taper off, to just a "sample" the arriving cars.

A lot depends upon exactly WHAT the inspections are finding, and how quickly the software matures.

Just heard a rumor, and that's all it is at this point, that the Leafs will be shipped out of Long Beach tomorrow. I presume that they'll go directly to dealers then, so they ought to be showing up by midweek. A few days of prep ought to have them ready to sell the first week of January, which fits well with the estimated delivery dates we used to have.

Completely off-topic, my dealer told me yesterday that those pre-production Leafs that people got to test drive cost $1.2 million apiece. You know, the ones that are going to be crushed after the demo tour ends.

-Karl

garygid said:
After Q1 2011, and Nissan's confidence in the off-the-line quality is much higher, and the software works better, the "super-inspections" and pre-configurations are likely to taper off, to just a "sample" the arriving cars.

A lot depends upon exactly WHAT the inspections are finding, and how quickly the software matures.
I am glad that I will be getting ONE of the highest quality and super-inspected car.

kolmstead said:
Just heard a rumor, and that's all it is at this point, that the Leafs will be shipped out of Long Beach tomorrow. I presume that they'll go directly to dealers then, so they ought to be showing up by midweek. A few days of prep ought to have them ready to sell the first week of January, which fits well with the estimated delivery dates we used to have.

Completely off-topic, my dealer told me yesterday that those pre-production Leafs that people got to test drive cost $1.2 million apiece. You know, the ones that are going to be crushed after the demo tour ends.

-Karl
Where did you hear rumor. I agree that should be done that way to get cars out the first of January. But I never hear rumor who do I need to talk to get some rumors.

kolmstead said:
Surprised they won't be using them for demo vehicles until supply ramps up... Anyway, I'm certain it's standard practice for "non-official" build vehicles from the major OEMs.

kolmstead said:
A few days of prep ought to have them ready to sell the first week of January, which fits well with the estimated delivery dates we used to have.
Except for charging dealers would need to do no prep. They should be able to deliver the car the day they receive them (or the next).

Azrich said:
Gonewild said:
I just checked again and it is GONE. no no :evil:

I search for it too and couldn't find it anywhere. Another "Bermuda Triangle"??????

Ships disappear from tracking in the Strait of Juan de Fuca. It just made a turn for the north though so I think that this is heading to Canada. The destination has always said "CANWE" and I can only guess that means something in Canada. Oh well. Back to the waiting.. I just wish a dealer delivery to a regular customer would happen. I was hoping today but at least this week to SOMEONE.. argh.

[/quote]
Surprised they won't be using them for demo vehicles until supply ramps up... Anyway, I'm certain it's standard practice for "non-official" build vehicles from the major OEMs.[/quote]
Well the demo cars had pre-production trim and there will be changes and not anything like the car you would get if you where to buy one. So I think it is best to not have them at dealer because of this. How would you explain that to a customer it will be like this but yours will be quieter and the door panels will not be like this? And your mirrors are not like that they will be smaller.

MaryC:
I have been watching for the UNITED SPIRIT which is due into Los Angeles today but has not yet shown up on the map for the LA port.

Happy New Year, all of you who will be owning a LEAF in 2011 and others!!!

MaryC, United Spirit has just appeared on the map. It is just off the coast from Point Conception Lighthouse heading to the LA port. Hopefully there is another group of LEAFs on board! Michael Walsh and Gary, get your binoculars, cameras, and tripods ready!!!

Wishing everyone a great 2011!!!

MaryC has been awaiting the United Spirit to show up in LA, so I believe she saw it at the Nissan port in Opama. It is arriving two days later than scheduled. Maybe MaryC will check in today and let us know if it was at Opama for sure.

Back