Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The final assembly point for my car and one of the other 2012s delivered last week was listed as Norfolk. Back in the spring someone in TN reported that their car came from Norfolk as well. It's the only port other than Long Beach that I know of in the US to have actually received LEAFs.

rnkepler said:
The final assembly point for my car and one of the other 2012s delivered last week was listed as Norfolk. Back in the spring someone in TN reported that their car came from Norfolk as well. It's the only port other than Long Beach that I know of in the US to have actually received LEAFs.
I've been told specifically by customer support that my Leaf would arrive in the port of Newark, NJ, not that you can necessarily trust anything they tell you.

But we have verified Leafs arriving in Jacksonville, so it looks like there will be at least two ports on the east coast.

relytgerg said:
And now she's back in at the Daikoku Pier, which appears to be an area for picking up trucks. If this keeps up, she'll never get to the USA.
The Grand Orion has left Yokohama and is out of range now, and shows a destination of Hawaii, which matches what I got from the MOLroro site awhile back. Unfortunately that site is down now, but it did show deliveries to the east coast:

Oppama 17 Oct 11 15:36 17 Oct 11 15:48
Yokohama - Honmoku 18 Oct 11 03:00
Yokohama - Daikoku 18 Oct 11 20:36
Honolulu 27 Oct 11 17:22
Manzanillo MX 03 Nov 11 21:35
Panama Canal 08 Nov 11 04:15
Manzanillo 08 Nov 11 07:48
San Juan 10 Nov 11 22:36
Jacksonville 13 Nov 11 20:50
Newport News 15 Nov 11 13:20
Newark - FAPS 16 Nov 11 14:18

So now it is about 13 days late from the last posted schedule, which still gives a chance for east coast December deliveries, if it follows the rest of this schedule and if it has Leafs. By the way, I emailed a question to customer support days ago about this ship. No answer. Again, it's wait and see time. In the meantime we can follow the Hoegh Trident which should hit the panama canal in a few days and see what happens with it.

rnkepler said:

I live in Warner Robins GA, and my dealer received a 2011 demo with a port of entry of Jaxsonville Fl. I've called Nissan about people getting delivery dates and wonder where mine was as I was one of the first to reserve/confirm in GA. I was told my Leaf was shipped on 21 Oct and would arrive in Jaxsonville (sp) Fl on 1 Dec. My profile changed last week and now shows a delivery date of 2 Dec 2011.

Ok, so it looks like they're using multiple ports on the east coast. For those getting cars on the east coast it would be interesting to know what the final assembly place was, especially if its anything other than Norfolk or Jacksonville.

6.5 Earthquake off cost of Mexico this morning, Hoegh Trident running down the coast there on it's way to Panama..hope it's handling the seas ok. hopefully it missed it somewhat.

relytgerg said:
relytgerg said:
And now she's back in at the Daikoku Pier, which appears to be an area for picking up trucks. If this keeps up, she'll never get to the USA.
The Grand Orion has left Yokohama and is out of range now, and shows a destination of Hawaii, which matches what I got from the MOLroro site awhile back. Unfortunately that site is down now, but it did show deliveries to the east coast:

Oppama 17 Oct 11 15:36 17 Oct 11 15:48
Newark - FAPS 16 Nov 11 14:18

So now it is about 13 days late from the last posted schedule, which still gives a chance for east coast December deliveries, if it follows the rest of this schedule and if it has Leafs. By the way, I emailed a question to customer support days ago about this ship. No answer. Again, it's wait and see time. In the meantime we can follow the Hoegh Trident which should hit the panama canal in a few days and see what happens with it.
It is clear that MNL members have created and fostered a monster when it comes to ship tracking! :lol: Your family need not worry, however, because your ship will eventually come in -- somewhere -- and you'll soon be driving. At least this driver is enjoying following your enthusiastic updates from the the west coast. Just try hard not to get too carried away and overfly the docks looking for your VIN -- much as you will be tempted. :D :lol:

At least this driver is enjoying following your enthusiastic updates from the the west coast

Yes we do seem rather eager here on the East Coast dont we.

Hope the dealerships dont read this thread as they will think we are desperate and bump the price

Brightonuk said:
At least this driver is enjoying following your enthusiastic updates from the the west coast
Yes we do seem rather eager here on the East Coast dont we.

Hope the dealerships dont read this thread as they will think we are desperate and bump the price
You can be sure they are lurking and learning, but hopefully they also appreciate that your enthusiasm is balanced by your ability to select them . . . or another dealer. Anyway, its all fun, isn't it? :D

rumpole said:
Where does it say which port it came through?
On the label attached to the window of the car there is a field called "Final Assembly Point" in the "Delivery" section. This is the label that includes MSRP, options, MPGe, etc. I believe that final assembly is done at the port of entry.

Besides applying decals and installing the requested accessories, does anybody know what else is done as "final assembly"?

amtoro said:
Besides applying decals and installing the requested accessories, does anybody know what else is done as "final assembly"?
I don't know what else would be included. But based on what I get (or more correctly, don't get) from customer support, and what I read in these forums, I believe it is at this "final assembly" point that Nissan USA decides which vehicle goes to which buyer. This would explain why it is impossible to track your specific Leaf by VIN before this. It may be that they don't want to commit a vehicle to a person before it arrives on US soil and is tested and inspected for shipping damage or other problems.

All just guesses since Nissan basically won't tell us anything before this "final assembly" point in time.

amtoro said:
During early Tier 1 deliveries, the port workers also "installed" updated software, but accessories seem to be their normal workload.

relytgerg said:
amtoro said:
I don't know what else would be included. But based on what I get (or more correctly, don't get) from customer support, and what I read in these forums, I believe it is at this "final assembly" point that Nissan USA decides which vehicle goes to which buyer. This would explain why it is impossible to track your specific Leaf by VIN before this. It may be that they don't want to commit a vehicle to a person before it arrives on US soil and is tested and inspected for shipping damage or other problems.

All just guesses since Nissan basically won't tell us anything before this "final assembly" point in time.
I got my VIN over a month before my dealer got my (California) Leaf in October. I can't imagine that it sat for a month in the dock!

DoxyLover said:
I got my VIN over a month before my dealer got my (California) Leaf in October. I can't imagine that it sat for a month in the dock!
Actually, a month from dock to dealer delivery has been reported as an expected and/or experienced time frame in these forums.

Brightonuk said:
Yer I got my Vin Last week but my delivery date is the week of December 2 so I guess a month is about right

I also have a delivery date of "week of December 2) Yet I still do not have a VIN.

Back