Trouble getting car to charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geomom4919

I bought a 2017 Leaf 5 weeks ago and have had no problems with doing overnight 120 charges from my garage. Last night when I plugged in the charger indicated ready and the instrument panel showed the plug-in symbol lighted but the charging would not start (no blue lights on dash or orange light on the charger). After repeated tries last night and this morning I called the dealer and when we walked it through the charge finally started. The only thing that was different was I got a cold outside indicator when it wouldn’t charge. Although the outside temp was probably high 30’s to low 40’s I’m wondering if that had something to do with the battery not charging. The battery temperature gauge was in the normal range and the charge timer was off.

Have you been leaving the car plugged in for long periods after charging has ended? This could, possibly, be a 12 volt battery issue, although it isn't typical for one.

Hello,
Might be obvious but was the car on in ready mode when you plugged it in? You mentioned that you say the snowflake and could read battery temp. I apologize If I misunderstood but the car won't enter charge mode if it's on.

Greg

Back