Two more Plug-ins coming to my street

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeolus

The neighbors at the other end of the block came down yesterday to ask about my LEAF and get feedback on how well the roofer and solar installers were doing, how time of use rates work with solar, charging stations, et cetera.

Turns out they will be one of the first to get a Tesla Model S, with the largest range option, and they are ready to buy a PV system, but had been turned off by the vendors they had talked to, who wanted them to lease, rather than purchase.

Another neighbor, who works for Toyota, won the intra-company lottery to be one of the first Toyota employees to get a Plug-in Prius under there employee vehicle leasing program.

So of the twenty-nine houses on our street, three will have plug-in vehicles.

We can have our own impromptu plug-in parades without leaving the block.

Wow ... in the past six months I've only seen exactly 4 EV's (2 Volts and 2 Tesla roadster's but the latter were at an owner car show that had cars from IL, WI and MI) on the road other than LEAF dealer demo's, etc. around Chicago -- my next chance will not be until the auto show in February, consider yourself fortunate!

Yep, we currently have a Leaf (mine), a Volt and a Tesla Roadster on our short block... The Tesla guy has a 70amp EVSE in his garage. I drool at how fast he can charge!

well we have 13 houses on our street and have a Honda Civic hybrid, two Priuses and my Leaf (we own one of the Priuses) but no other plugs besides mine. we do have two independent business owners that drive nothing that gets more than 12 mpg... i guess that negates any savings in our neighborhood

I live in a 184 unit complex. Best I can tell from my daily walk around the Ghetto there are three Prius and my LEAF. Other than mine and at dealers, I have still seen only two LEAFs - both on a trip to the SF Bay area.

Bill

Back