Two of my three most important concerns now addressed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Two of my three most important concerns have been addressed, but what about the third?

1. Independent Range Test: EPA says 73 miles (probably conservative), FTC says 96 to 110 miles. Verdict: Good

2. Battery Warranty: 8 Years 100K miles for defects, but no capacity warranty. Verdict: Not Good.

3. Independent Crash Test Results: Not available or not disclosed? Verdict: Unknown. Are independent crash test results required to be disclosed prior to sale of the vehicle, or is this optional?

Frank said:
Two of my three most important concerns have been addressed, but what about the third?

1. Independent Range Test: EPA says 73 miles (probably conservative), FTC says 96 to 110 miles. Verdict: Good

2. Battery Warranty: 8 Years 100K miles for defects, but no capacity warranty. Verdict: Not Good.

3. Independent Crash Test Results: Not available or not disclosed? Verdict: Unknown. Are independent crash test results required to be disclosed prior to sale of the vehicle, or is this optional?

Actually, Nissan said they WILL give us a capacity warranty...a rate of discharge chart. They just haven't released it yet.

LEAFfan said:
Frank said:

Actually, Nissan said they WILL give us a capacity warranty...a rate of discharge chart. They just haven't released it yet.

Can you please point me to that official confirmation, I heard some second hand news but never anything official. Thank you.

EVDRIVER said:
LEAFfan said:
Frank said:

Can you please point me to that official confirmation, I heard some second hand news but never anything official. Thank you.

Agree - It's not real until it's incorporated in writing in the warranty documentation - not bashing Nissan, I'll give them the benefit that they have good intentions, but we have to wait and see what actually gets put down in writing.

And we should know on DEC 11 when the first Leaf is delivered!

Right, we read a report of somebody saying that an expected-decrease chart was (probably, possibly) being prepared, (perhaps) for something to do with the Battery Warranty.

The simple addition of an "expected-loss" chart to the warranty actually changes nothing - still NO capacity warranty.

Frank said:
Are independent crash test results required to be disclosed prior to sale of the vehicle, or is this optional?

Many brand new model vehicles are not government crash tested prior to sale. Information is made available at some later date. My expectation is to see LEAF testing done sooner rather than later due to its visibility, but just a guess.

Back