Underbody Spare Tire mount

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEVE

I have purchased a 16" spare for my 2024 Leaf. I really don't want to leave it inside the cabin. So, what to do?

Then I remembered back to my old Caravans. They had a nice cable winch to raise and lower the tire. As long as the cable was lubed once in a while, it worked flawlessly.

I was thinking about using something like this product, or something similar:

https://www.fayettedistribution.com/Undermount-Spare-Tire-Winch-11-cable-p/485-100.htm

Any thoughts?

I have the Japanese version of the Nissan Leaf, and they do have an underbody tray for the spare tyre at the back end of the car. I don't know the exact part number, but I can assure you that they're OEM from the factory; the tray, spare, the bolt to drop down the tray, etc.

I have the Japanese version of the Nissan Leaf, and they do have an underbody tray for the spare tyre at the back end of the car. I don't know the exact part number, but I can assure you that they're OEM from the factory; the tray, spare, the bolt to drop down the tray, etc.
That would be awesome if we could get some additional information on this…

20220901_122333.jpgHey everyone, I've attached the part list for the original mounting kit and the spare for the Leaf. The spare is mounted under the rear, so you'll need to remove the rear underbody wind deflector. This is from Nissan Denmark, so some of the wording is in Danish. Hopefully the part codes are international. Feel free to ask.

Back