What is this menu item?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LanguidSphinx

This is a 2018 ZE1 Leaf, Japanese (JDM) model converted to English dash language.

Does anyone know what the blank item that can be turned on and off is? Yes...I have tried turning it on and off, it's not something immediately obvious :)

I have tried searching this forum, but it's hard to know a keyword!

IMG_6022.jpg

It may be the Rear Door Alert setting. They may have added that setting in the 2018 Japanese models.

For comparison:
The 2018 Leaf models in the US only had Lighting, Locking, and Wipers settings for the Vehicle Settings menu. However, the Rear Door Alert was added to 2019 and newer models in the US.

It may be the Rear Door Alert setting. They may have added that setting in the 2018 Japanese models.

For comparison:
The 2018 Leaf models in the US only had Lighting, Locking, and Wipers settings for the Vehicle Settings menu. However, the Rear Door Alert was added to 2019 and newer models in the US.
Right - so I found the RDA description, and tested - it's not that. Thanks for the thought.

I did have a thought that since my car had has a language conversion, maybe the auto mirror fold option i wanted is actually this item and the firmware change just has no translation for the item. I can't access it to test for a week or more but will report back if it solves the mystery.

How RDA works
Once activated, the system monitors when a rear door is opened and closed before and after the vehicle is in motion. If a rear door was used before a trip but was not opened after the vehicle is parked, the system reminds the driver to check the rear seat. Once the vehicle is in park, the system will first display a notification in the instrument panel. If the driver exits the vehicle and does not open a rear door, the system progresses to distinctive chirps of the horn.

The RDA system is easy to configure and can be temporarily, or permanently, turned on through a menu in the cluster display or through a separate RDA switch, depending on the model.

To learn more about Rear Door Alert and the full Nissan vehicle lineup, visit here.

That mirror auto fold setting may be it.

The mirror auto fold option is not available in Leaf models here in the US.
Below is what I see in the European Leaf manual, for that setting under the Vehicle Settings menu:
1716842498583.png

Back