What's the dumbest thing someone will do with a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

Standing in a puddle dropping the end of a live extension cord has pretty much been covered. Give me your best predictions of what will make the news... or bring out the lawyers!

Accidently leave the LEAF ON, go shopping, upon return, it is ... all gone.

Park on a hill, set the "parking brake", doggie in car steps on brake-release, ... , owner returns and tries to release parking brake, but nothing happens because Release requires foot on brakes. Owner calls for Roadside Service.

Owner leaves car "in gear" and ON, enters a shop, and the car enters the shop shortly after.

Those are some good ones.

I was thinking maybe run completely out of juice in a bad part of town and get beat up, then sue Nissan because the range wasn't a full 100 miles... and win!

Someone is going to buy one to commute 99 miles each day, will do so with climate control on max and lead foot on the floor, will forget to plug in the car at night, and will ignore the nagging navigation system. They will coast to a stop blocking a freeway lane until the tow truck comes to carry them away, and the news vans come to cover the story. And then they will go on the Rush Limbaugh show to denounce electric vehicles, and will drive away in a Hummer.

Gosh I hope I'm wrong...

LTLFTcomposite said:
Xenalmorph said:
08 Honda Civic Hybrid (lease is up in April)
08 F350 SuperDuty
05 GSXR1000

Civic hybrid and F350? There's a couple extremes

I was waiting to see who would catch this. It will get more extreme when I replace the Civic with the leaf. A brief explanation;

The Hybrid (Leaf) is because I am not a fan of $6 a gallon gas and I don't need the 350 to run down to the grocery store.

The F350 is because my family and I ride MX (4 bikes and gear!), Snowboard (4WD!) and Mountain Bike (4 bikes, gear and 4WD!).

The GSXR 1000 is because I can't afford a Ferrari.

... AND I am still waiting for Bio-Diesel at the pumps!!! It looked promising when I got the 350 in 08. Now not so sure it will happen as long as there is a drop of crude to be drilled for somewhere in the world :cry: .

Xenalmorph said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Xenalmorph said:
08 Honda Civic Hybrid (lease is up in April)
08 F350 SuperDuty
05 GSXR1000
Civic hybrid and F350? There's a couple extremes
I was waiting to see who would catch this. It will get more extreme when I replace the Civic with the leaf. A brief explanation;
The Hybrid (Leaf) is because I am not a fan of $6 a gallon gas and I don't need the 350 to run down to the grocery store.
The F350 is because my family and I ride MX (4 bikes and gear!), Snowboard (4WD!) and Mountain Bike (4 bikes, gear and 4WD!).
The GSXR 1000 is because I can't afford a Ferrari.
I saw it awhile ago and thought well here's a person who enjoys "toys'. Probably a lot of mechanical "toys" and perhaps a lot of high tech electronic "toys". I highly doubt when something new and innovative comes out that they immediately do a business case and IRR analysis, like every dim-witted author does! To this day I've never met a single person who did a business case on a Rolex watch before they purchased one. Hmmm, let' see the Timex, at $29.99, is quartz while the Rolex, at $17,500, is an automatic. At the end of the day, the LEAF is going to be a really fun vehicle to drive. I suspect it will attract a lot of fans who love their "toys"!

indyflick said:
I highly doubt when something new and innovative comes out that they immediately do a business case and IRR analysis, like every dim-witted author does! To this day I've never met a single person who did a business case on a Rolex watch before they purchased one. Hmmm, let' see the Timex, at $29.99, is quartz while the Rolex, at $17,500, is an automatic. At the end of the day, the LEAF is going to be a really fun vehicle to drive. I suspect it will attract a lot of fans who love their "toys"!

That is because dim-witted author doesn't look at zero emission as a worthwhile feature. Only features for which money can be paid are
- higher performance
- more space
- better trims & options
- "better" brand name

Back