What's the dumbest thing someone will do with a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xenalmorph said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Xenalmorph said:
08 Honda Civic Hybrid (lease is up in April)
08 F350 SuperDuty
05 GSXR1000

Civic hybrid and F350? There's a couple extremes

I was waiting to see who would catch this. It will get more extreme when I replace the Civic with the leaf. A brief explanation;

The Hybrid (Leaf) is because I am not a fan of $6 a gallon gas and I don't need the 350 to run down to the grocery store.

The F350 is because my family and I ride MX (4 bikes and gear!), Snowboard (4WD!) and Mountain Bike (4 bikes, gear and 4WD!).

The GSXR 1000 is because I can't afford a Ferrari.

heh :) I have a similar comparison - my leaf will be parking beside a 1972 dodge charger with the stock 440ci rebuilt to be a 512" stroker, high compression, aluminum heads, huge cam... somewhere around 8 miles per gallon & 625hp :)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2324498

Of course, that car might max out at 100 or so miles a year, so it's not really contributing to the environment either way :) Meanwhile, I'm disappointed - my local grocery store is about a 10 minute bike ride on a beautiful road, and I was just getting into the habit of going that route when it shut down for renovations (it's been almost 8 months now); I've been having to drive to one that's not much further away, but snarled in traffic I don't dare ride in... But the local one is supposed to be back by end of year and I can make some more progress on this gut :D

I can't believe no one has yet mentioned leaving the EVSE attached and pulling away from the charging station, destroying the cable and various items, but then that's perhaps too predictable and mundane to make this list. Sooner or later it will happen.

I hope it's NOT some distracted Leaf driver running down a deaf pedestrian (or more likely, one with an iPod plugging her ears) while the external noise generator is turned off. There would probably be some law passed that we have to have it on and cranked up loud at all times.

EVDRIVER said:
install a generator

When the charger install people come to his house, he directs them to install the L2 charger to the frame of a gas generator for the trunk.

Xenalmorph said:
I am a sucker for anything shiney and made of metal :roll: .
Careful with that kinda statement Xenalmorph. :lol:

Rat said:
I can't believe no one has yet mentioned leaving the EVSE attached and pulling away from the charging station, destroying the cable and various items, but then that's perhaps too predictable and mundane to make this list. Sooner or later it will happen.
Can't, or at least shouldn't, happen. There's an interface on the J1772 which won't let the car move if plugged in.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Connect the L1 charging cord to an inverter plugged into the 12v accessory outlet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy crap! Perpetual motion!

I have to tell you, it took me awhile to figure out what you were saying. That is a really good one.

Xenalmorph said:
[Man! As soon as I hit submit I thought... uh oh??? Doooohhhhh!!! He might polish up real nice though... :roll: ?!
Ya, should prolly lose the ax though.

indyflick said:
Rat said:
Can't, or at least shouldn't, happen. There's an interface on the J1772 which won't let the car move if plugged in.

Hey! That's ANOTHER advantage for EVs! There have been MANY instances of people driving away and leaving the liquid fuel hose in their car and starting a fire or dragging the hose with them. Good to know that that shouldn't happen with EVs.

leaffan said:
indyflick said:
Rat said:

Hey! That's ANOTHER advantage for EVs! There have been MANY instances of people driving away and leaving the liquid fuel hose in their car and starting a fire or dragging the hose with them. Good to know that that shouldn't happen with EVs.
Nice! The ICE cars will soon have a fueling interlock to prevent this :roll:

smkettner said:

Funny, I think if all cars today were electric and somebody had just invented the gasoline powered car there's no way they'd be able to launch the product... the lawyers would never approve of the idea of the consumer dealing with toxic flammable liquids. Way too many ways to get hurt.

LTLFTcomposite said:
smkettner said:

Funny, I think if all cars today were electric and somebody had just invented the gasoline powered car there's no way they'd be able to launch the product... the lawyers would never approve of the idea of the consumer dealing with toxic flammable liquids. Way too many ways to get hurt.

I can just see the report in the WSJ. "The proposed engine depends on multiple EXPLOSIONS per second to provide its motive power, and the exhaust gases are reportedly toxic to breathe." :p

indyflick said:
Rat said:
Does it set the parking brake, too? I'll bet someone has a sloped driveway within 25' of the EVSE.

Rat said:
Does it set the parking brake, too? I'll bet someone has a sloped driveway within 25' of the EVSE.
I for one have a sloped driveway. However any car that is put in "park", as it would have to be, would be locked motionless anyway.

johnr said:
Rat said:
I for one have a sloped driveway. However any car that is put in "park", as it would have to be, would be locked motionless anyway.

My Zenn can be turned on, put in neutral and pushed around. While plugged in it wont move and my Zenn is decidedly low tech

Someone hacking into the Battery Management System to get that extra mile out of the batteries and damaging the BMS and/or the batteries.

OR someone pushing or towing the Leaf to regen the batteries.

Back