When will Tier 3 reservers finally see their LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are many more tiers than just 1 ,
2 and the forgotten 36

tier 2 starts order this summer ? july august , september

heck on the Nissan Canada website they say they are taking orders in Canada this fall

the rest of the usa cant be far behind that

no one will have the patience to wait for Smyrna, its been delayed because they were not able to work on tooling and planning for the vehicle line in Smyrna during the disaster delay.
first cars out of smyrna early 2013

tier 3, 4 and 5 will order spring 2012, summer 2012 and fall 2012

just a good guess, cause if Nissan doesnt take orders they start running out of buyers

they have to take your order at some point, and it will be sooner I think

jimcmorr said:
defiancecp said:
tps said:
Not that I'm planning a move, but if I did move to California, what would happen? Would I get to RAQ right away?

While you will be allowed to change your address (if you're insistent), you will not be allowed to RAQ or order. Your account order timing is HARD LOCKED to the state relating to the credit card address on your initial reservation.

And if your credit card billing address were to change? Then.... ??

Do you know this from experieince?

We are talking about a person currently on the registered list who paid their $99, actually physically relocating to a state that is currently allowed to order. It doesn't seem like, the fact that you registered in a tier 3 state, should prevent you from being allowed to RAQ or order in a state that is currently accepting RAQs and orders, when you had relocated to that state and can prove it.

Whether it should or not, that's the effective policy. "Should be" is often at odds with "is" in Nissan's policies in this order process :(

It's a great car, though :D

I just finished a "Live Chat" with Nissan CS. I asked the question, "I currently live in New Hampshire, if I move to Georgia where my daughter lives with her family, will I be allowed to request a quote and order my LEAF?" The answer was "Georgia is in Wave 2 of the LEAF rollout. So orders should be opening up later this year. Yes, you would be able to request a quote there once you've moved."

I then asked what proof of address change would be required. The answer was, "You simply need to give us a call at 877-664-2738 and request that the address be updated. We can perform the update on the account."

So It looks like we can relocate and be allowed to "Request a quote" and order along with the other residents of the state we currently live in. :D And not be bound by the state we orignially registered in.

defiancecp said:
Sure, they won't mind changing the address, it just won't matter. Good luck though. It would be cool if I were wrong about this.

jimcmorr said:
I just finished a "Live Chat" with Nissan CS. I asked the question, "I currently live in New Hampshire, if I move to Georgia where my daughter lives with her family, will I be allowed to request a quote and order my LEAF?" The answer was "Georgia is in Wave 2 of the LEAF rollout. So orders should be opening up later this year. Yes, you would be able to request a quote there once you've moved."

I then asked what proof of address change would be required. The answer was, "You simply need to give us a call at 877-664-2738 and request that the address be updated. We can perform the update on the account."

So It looks like we can relocate and be allowed to "Request a quote" and order along with the other residents of the state we currently live in. :D And not be bound by the state we orignially registered in.

It was clearly stated in my chat session today I would be able to request a quote, which is the first step in ordering a LEAF. This is what I understood from a previous conversation as well, and to me it doesn't make any sense that it would be any other way. Nissan wants to sell cars and it just does not make sense if you live in a tier 2 state and are registered that you would not be allowed to participate.

It will be a while but if I find out different I will certainly let folks know.

defiancecp said:
Sure, they won't mind changing the address, it just won't matter. Good luck though. It would be cool if I were wrong about this.
You know, stating this over and over with no reasons or sources is not very helpful to anyone.

davewill said:
defiancecp said:
You know, stating this over and over with no reasons or sources is not very helpful to anyone.

Dave, defiancecp has explained his position to me in a PM and expressed his desire to not discuss this in detail in open forum. I am comfortable with this, and have said I will honor his request to not push it. Suffice it to say that he has had personal experience with this and wishes me good luck when I try to shift my registration to Georgia.

Yep, and we all know CS can be a bit random with what they will or won't do, so I'd love for this to be a case of "just talking to the wrong people" :)

And I completely agree that they "should" be able to do this, it's just that at one point they wouldn't/couldn't/didn't know how.

As I get closer to being able to move I will call the number and talk with someone to see what they have to say. Who knows I may get to communicate with Goshen himself. :shock: Maybe I'll call anyway some day when I feel ambitious.

defiancecp said:
tps said:
Not that I'm planning a move, but if I did move to California, what would happen? Would I get to RAQ right away?

While you will be allowed to change your address (if you're insistent), you will not be allowed to RAQ or order. Your account order timing is HARD LOCKED to the state relating to the credit card address on your initial reservation.
This sounds like an issue to be taken up with Nissan NA by emailing them directly. If this is true, CS will probably never be able to fix it; the folks at Nissan NA will have to step in.

Maybe it's as simple as making a second reservation with your new credit card billing to your new address and canceling your first reservation. Since, for example, CA is going from reservation to RAQ the next day, this might work quite well.

tps said:
defiancecp said:
tps said:

This sounds like an issue to be taken up with Nissan NA by emailing them directly. If this is true, CS will probably never be able to fix it; the folks at Nissan NA will have to step in.

Maybe it's as simple as making a second reservation with your new credit card billing to your new address and canceling your first reservation. Since, for example, CA is going from reservation to RAQ the next day, this might work quite well.

I will definately push it if I have to when the time comes, but it seems to me that if your credit card billing address were to change to a current roll out state so should your ability to RAQ and order.

tps said:

Exactly what I was forced to do after talking to multiple supervisors. It mattered a lot more back then :)

Request to RAQ is next day now? That's pretty cool.

I don't see Nissan having enough reservations in the forgotten 36 to really need a reservation system by the time they get to us, especially given that production will almost certainly be ramped up. After getting all the initial wave of tier 2 orders they can, which may involve re-opening reservations in tier 2 as they have done in tier 1, they'll need more orders than the original tier 3 reservations are likely to provide. It would be nice if they could include the original tier 3 reservations along with the end of tier 2, before they re-open reservations in tier 3. But I realize this is just my fantasy. From Nissan's perspective, it is likely mostly about getting the sales and service infrastructure in place, before allowing sales in a region. IMHO, this likely makes tier 3 reservations mostly meaningless, since by the time Nissan makes it to tier 3, the reservation system may be symbolic (as current tier 1, that is, reservation to RAQ in a day) or Nissan will scrap the reservation system entirely. I'd like to think my $99 and time spent watching from the sidelines means something, but it will probably turn out that I get to order mere days, if that, before those in tier 3 who never made a reservation at all.

tps said:
snip.. snip..
I'd like to think my $99 and time spent watching from the sidelines means something, but it will probably turn out that I get to order mere days, if that, before those in tier 3 who never made a reservation at all.

I agree I hope our patience and $99 will end up being good for something.

tps, are you aware there is a Drive a LEAF Event coming to Philladalphia in August?

Check it out here..
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Event/EventDetails.aspx?eid=7
its not open for reservations yet but should be in a few weeks.

My brother-in-law lives in philly and I hope he and I can attend but time will tell.

I am going to try to get to the one in Boston in July as well. Hartford has one the week before Boston but we are probably going to be traveling back from Atlanta that weekend

well it could be we reservation holders in tier2 may see assements or maybe even order windows open on our dash late this month.....

it would seem they had all of may and june to take new orders from tier 1
those have prob been processed.......

it could be time for tier 2 ;)

Maybe these "tier 3" Events are a good sign that tier 3 ordering will start by the end of 2011 or early in 2012... A while back I was talking with a saleman at my PD. Peruzzi Nissan, and he said the wiring for the charging stations is in place; no ETA on AV units yet.

I guess it's less important to me exactly what my $99 means... It's more important that I get to order.

the Leaf certified dealersin northern Va have had evse's installed since December/january

and have had all their training complete (I have seen some training charts)

no good reason Nissan isnt selling in this area at all

Back