Which will sell more, Leaf, Volt or PiP?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the facts, argue amongst yourselves

PIP 95MPGe (yes, plus .2 gallons of gas)
Volt 94MPGe

http://fueleconomy.gov/feg/phevsbs.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mitch672 said:
Here are the facts, argue amongst yourselves

PIP 95MPGe (yes, plus .2 gallons of gas)
Volt 94MPGe
I'm not seeing how a 1% difference in a measure that only the brain dead would care about in the first place is an important fact, one way or the other. By your reasoning no one would ever buy a Leaf because the Ford Focus has a much higher MPGe -- 105 MPGe to 99 MPGe. Trust me, no one cares about this silly number, though Ford is trying to make it a salient selling point. Just so you're clear, a one percent difference in MPGe most certainly does NOT translate into ".2 gallons of gas". That's just impossibly off base unless you're telling us the Leaf burns more gas than the FFE! :roll:

Honestly the biggest difference between the Volt and the PIP is that the PIP will create more pollution getting to the US than either will create during their lifetimes.

Dont forget, the iMiev is rated at a 112MPGe

Reddy said:
Some might say that my Leaf is being wasted with less than 5000 mi in 9 months. It's funny, I actually have to find reasons to drive it more.

Just drive to gas stations, park, buy a diet slurpee and stand around the car while you slowly suck it up.. make sure you have a prominent 100% electric sign on the Leaf, maybe wear an appropriate t-shirt, "ask me about my gas free driving"

I've seen a bunch of Volt ads here in CA where they specifically tout the new (eAT-PZEV) version as being eligible for the green HOV stickers. They even have a small picture of the green HOV sticker in the ad. (TonyWilliams also posted he saw them... so they're clearly targeted at more than Nor Cal.)

Oddly (?) enough, I've seen no PiP ads on TV and haven't seen any i-Miev ads nor Leaf ads touting HOV sticker eligibility.

Back