Nissan should make a deal with Enterprise car rental

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhmPah

There are times when I will need to travel beyond the range of my Leaf. It would be great if there was a deal with Enterprise where:

1. There was a guaranteed rate even for last minute rentals
2. Enterprise had a place (even 110) where the Leaf could be charged
3. Enterprise rental locations would be on the GPS map
4. The rental process were streamlined so that you could be in and out quickly

Then, if you needed to take a long trip you could drive to an Enterprise rental, drop off your Leaf, and rent the car for the duration of the trip. When you were done, drop the car off and pick up the fully-charged Leaf. Or, if your batteries were running low, you could drop off Leaf for a charge and pick up a rental car to get you home.

Hertz would be another option for this as well. Both Enterprise and Hertz have neighborhood locations that make the convenient for this type of arrangement.

We already use Enterprise a couple of times per year when we need a bigger car or just want a nice new one for a long trip (until the Leaf, our cars were 9 and 11 years old). This seems like it would help with the range anxiety and would give the car rental companies a new business opportunity.

Dave

Back