Leaf rental flaked out- want to rent me your Leaf? (PHX)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedfunnell

I am an aspiring Leaf owner (when they come down in price on the used market). I had it hopes to arrange rental of Leaf next week on RelayRides but the owner seems to have flaked out and is not answering my messages. I could always just rent a gas car, but I've gotten so excited about renting a Leaf that I want to see if I can find another owner to rent me their car. I have arrangements made to get access to a dryer socket with my hosts, even.

I will be in Phoenix from Sep 14 to 19. Let me know if you want to make some extra bucks with your Leaf!

Good news, the fellow with the Leaf got back to me! I guess that's just how it goes, move on to the next thing and BAM, what you were waiting for comes about.

DanCar said:
How much are you going to spend on a used leaf? Are you aware of the good deals available leasing a new leaf?

Not much. This is still several years out. For reference, I drive an Echo that I bought for under $2000. I am focusing all my income on paying off student debt before I get into a nicer car.

I don't like leasing very much. I don't mind risk as much as the average joe. With everybody going for leases, that just means a more depressed used Leaf market for me. We'll see where it is in a few years!

nedfunnell said:
Not much. This is still several years out. For reference, I drive an Echo that I bought for under $2000. I am focusing all my income on paying off student debt before I get into a nicer car.

I don't like leasing very much. I don't mind risk as much as the average joe. With everybody going for leases, that just means a more depressed used Leaf market for me. We'll see where it is in a few years!

I applaud your fiscal discipline. Too many folks spend more than they need to when they really can't afford to do so. Pay off that debt, then live debt free and you will end up spending less than the vast majority of your peers for the same things.

I don't know if your logic will hold - it seems that the off-lease vehicles are holding their value pretty well so far, but perhaps things will change for the better for you.

When the 2nd-gen Leaf comes out with ~150 mile range, I think we'll see the used prices of first-gen Leafs drop pretty good.

Back