Anyone get their deposit back yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't gotten mine. And I do remember an email stating that Nissan would refund my credit card once I had taken delivery...

The money deposit? Don't have that back yet from Nissan...

The "fun" deposit? I'm getting that back every day behind the wheel... :)

Nissan's "seven days" email is the one that mentioned the $99 refund.

... the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer.

I contacted Live Chat about this today. They said:

"The 99 dollar deposit will be refunded back to the credit card used to place the reservation 3 to 5 business days after it is reported delivered. Reporting the delivery is up to the dealership. You will want to contact the dealer and ask if and when they reported your LEAF as delivered."

So I guess I'll contact my dealer today to get them to report that it's been delivered. My dashboard hasn't changed to show delivery yet.

Well it's been 7 business days since delivery for me. Don't know if it was reported or not. Nissan shouldn't have to be told, they've got all of our carwings info! They know the car is being used.

WWBD said:
Well it's been 7 business days since delivery for me. Don't know if it was reported or not. Nissan shouldn't have to be told, they've got all of our carwings info! They know the car is being used.
Yes, but Nissan's right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I had a similar problem when I got my interim car (to drive for the next year+ until I can get a LEAF here in the forgotten 36). I transfered the tags and insurance from my old car to the interim car. Within a week I got a stern letter from PennDOT, saying they had received notice I'd cancelled my insurance (not true; I kept the same policy and transfered it to the newly purchased car). It turned out they wanted me to send them a copy of the tag-transfer form, which another section of PennDOT confirmed they had already received from the dealer. I guess it's too much trouble for large operations to share information internally.

Or as the "War Games" missle commander says to his superior when asked to get someone on the G*D* phone before he kills 100 million people, "That's not the correct procedure, sir."

hill said:
You'd think that Nissan would just knock it off the cost towards your car. There I go thinking again.
Except that Nissan (who took your reservation money) and your dealer (who takes your money to buy/lease the car) are two different businesses :roll: So ... in my mind ... as inconvenient as it may seem, that explains it.

Haven't seen the $99 yet but I will say this; my RAQ went in before I was approved for the EVProject. So my QC port was listed as a $700 option on my order.
It took a few calls to Nissan CS (before my delivery) to clarify that I was EVP approved and my order should be converted from SL to SL-eTec. Within a few days of my LEAF delivery I received a check from Nissan-America for the $700 QC port. So someone at Nissan can authorize credits/refunds.

Funny, I thought this would be about folks who put the deposit down, and decided NOT to order. Like me... my deposit is still with them. Wonder if I should work on getting it back? NO idea where to even start.

darelldd said:
Funny, I thought this would be about folks who put the deposit down, and decided NOT to order. Like me... my deposit is still with them. Wonder if I should work on getting it back? NO idea where to even start.
Dashboard has a cancel option.

Back