azdimy
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:18 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2018

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm

As I anticipated, I did not get the car on friday. On Tuesday got a text saying the car was ready for pickup. Picked up the car Tuesday evening with the whole.family for a trip and the A/C compressor shut down within 15min. Leaf s at the shop again now spent more than 25 days at the dealership! What an ordeal!

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 13218
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:26 pm

Lemon law?
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14149
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:46 am

Chiming in only because it was HOT yesterday and I rarely run A/C for extended periods but as always, every time I turned on the A/C, I felt cool air within 2-3 seconds turning quite cold even with thermostat set to 80º.

So, I seem to have an opposite problem in that my settings don't seem to affect the temperature of the A/C. I am to the point where I have to toggle it off occasionally to "warm up" LEAF Spy seems to support Nissan in that power usage is low only 400-500 watts a few mins after startup.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tortoisehead77
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307925
Location: Portland, Oregon USA

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:46 am
Chiming in only because it was HOT yesterday and I rarely run A/C for extended periods but as always, every time I turned on the A/C, I felt cool air within 2-3 seconds turning quite cold even with thermostat set to 80º.

So, I seem to have an opposite problem in that my settings don't seem to affect the temperature of the A/C. I am to the point where I have to toggle it off occasionally to "warm up" LEAF Spy seems to support Nissan in that power usage is low only 400-500 watts a few mins after startup.
My 2018 behaves the same way with regard to A/C. I actually have to close some of the vents because it gets too cold, not matter what the fan speed is. Unless it's above 90, I usually just roll the windows down and turn the fan on instead of running the A/C.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14149
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:09 am

Tortoisehead77 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am
DaveinOlyWA wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:46 am
Chiming in only because it was HOT yesterday and I rarely run A/C for extended periods but as always, every time I turned on the A/C, I felt cool air within 2-3 seconds turning quite cold even with thermostat set to 80º.

So, I seem to have an opposite problem in that my settings don't seem to affect the temperature of the A/C. I am to the point where I have to toggle it off occasionally to "warm up" LEAF Spy seems to support Nissan in that power usage is low only 400-500 watts a few mins after startup.
My 2018 behaves the same way with regard to A/C. I actually have to close some of the vents because it gets too cold, not matter what the fan speed is. Unless it's above 90, I usually just roll the windows down and turn the fan on instead of running the A/C.
Well, I am an open window kinda guy as well but it doesn't work well on the freeway. I just toggle the A/C button off for a few minutes. I tried changing thermostat to ummm 85º?? or whatever the max is and that didn't seem to change a thing.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:44 am

I also (in my 2019 +) just toggle the AC button when its above 90 out as it tends to get too cool in the cabin if the air is left on, even at a higher thermostat setting. My wife likes it colder and doesn't want to deal with the toggling.
2019 SV Plus Silver
2013 Leaf SV
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max distance on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max distance on 19 Leaf: 242 Highway 4.5 miles/kWh (4.9 KWh remaining)

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14149
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:10 pm

DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:44 am
I also (in my 2019 +) just toggle the AC button when its above 90 out as it tends to get too cool in the cabin if the air is left on, even at a higher thermostat setting. My wife likes it colder and doesn't want to deal with the toggling.
Aim all the vents towards her!
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

azdimy
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:18 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2018

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:19 am

I did notice that when it blows cold the thermostat doesn t seem to help blowing less cold. I just assumed it was tied to the problem I have where the compressor quits altogether for like 3mn and then turn back on a couple of min at 600w or so according to nissan gauge and cycle that way with ambiant of 100+. With mine at a ambient of 80 and the AC cold I could bring the AC thermostat to 90 and it would atill blow very cold which tells me I had a problem with the control thermostat as it would not even switch to heat at that point?

dsh
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:29 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 001069

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:25 am

azdimy wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:19 am
I did notice that when it blows cold the thermostat doesn t seem to help blowing less cold. I just assumed it was tied to the problem I have where the compressor quits altogether for like 3mn and then turn back on a couple of min at 600w or so according to nissan gauge and cycle that way with ambiant of 100+. With mine at a ambient of 80 and the AC cold I could bring the AC thermostat to 90 and it would atill blow very cold which tells me I had a problem with the control thermostat as it would not even switch to heat at that point?
Please let us know if they solve this A/C blowing warm air intermittently issue, as it still is happening on my 2011 SL.
SL-e

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14149
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2018 air conditioning

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:19 am

azdimy wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:19 am
I did notice that when it blows cold the thermostat doesn t seem to help blowing less cold. I just assumed it was tied to the problem I have where the compressor quits altogether for like 3mn and then turn back on a couple of min at 600w or so according to nissan gauge and cycle that way with ambiant of 100+. With mine at a ambient of 80 and the AC cold I could bring the AC thermostat to 90 and it would atill blow very cold which tells me I had a problem with the control thermostat as it would not even switch to heat at that point?
Well mine has dedicated heat and A/C button so its not surprising the thermostat would not call for heat if the heat button is off. What is surprising is the thermostat not calling for less cooling. It is apparent, the A/C in manual mode does not have this ability.

In automatic mode, it only seems to adjust fan speed.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”